“Enjoyed our stay”

Hampton Inn Idaho Falls/Airport
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Excellent work out facilities, gorgeous pool, comfortable beds, courteous and professional staff. Conveniently located beside Applebees Restaurant and just blocks from a Wal Mart Supercenter. Would absolutely recommend and/or stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gary H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Idaho Falls/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback. We love having your here and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

We try to stay at the Hampton Inns when road tripping. They always have clean bedding and even have started washing the comforters. This held true atthis location. Pool is open 24/7, which is rare so we enjoyed that.

• Stayed: September 2012
Gary H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Idaho Falls/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for your comments and for staying with us. We love having you hear and hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

This hotel was formerly an Ameritel and has been beautifully remodeled. However, the place is very noisy, even though I asked for a quiet room. There is a ventilation system that sounds like a semi is running outside. The walls are thin. If you don't mind noise, this place will be fine for you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Gary H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Idaho Falls/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

I am somewhat puzzled with your remarks. I have managed this property for the last nine years and this is the first time I have ever had a complaint of the noise. Every room is equipped with a personal heating and a/c unit which provides the only ventilation to the room. We construct all our rooms to surpass the Hilton standards and take a lot of pride in the quality of product we offer our guests.

I do apologize for the trouble you encountered with the noise and it concerns me. I would love to speak with you further in these regard and gather more information so that I can look into the issue further. I can be reached at 208-523-1400.

Gary Horton

Reviewed September 20, 2012

The restaurant hostess' theorem: seat the early arrivals at the worst tables in the expectation that our regular and honored customers will appear later and want to be seated at the best tables. My wife and I arrived around 1 pm for a layover en route to Yellowstone from Salt Lake City and were assigned a marvelous room - top floor, end of the hall with a stair well partially separating us from the neighboring room (only kids use stairwells for play and there didn't seem to be any kids around) - by some kindly desk clerk apparently untrained in the mathematics of filling up the hotel. We requested the same room for our return layover 4 days later. Not available because someone who had been there for a week was staying over, which we found hard to believe since we had occupied the room only 4 days before. So we were assigned the boilerplate worst room next to the elevators and vending machines, which we did not accept. Next we were assigned to a handicapped room on the bottom floor which had an unpleasant odor. Finally we were assigned an acceptable room on the second floor. Our arrival time was around 1 pm. The hostess expected a full house, summer and all. The evidence for a full house was extremely weak: the parking lot was at best two-thirds full on our return from dinner around 8 pm. A short walk or drive on either side of the Hampton shows that the area is extremely competitive for hotel accommodations, so I would guess that a full house at this Hampton is a rarity. I would have given them a five star - they had real oatmeal instead of the powdered oatmeal served by the Livermore, California Hampton - but the ardor and stress the management put us through to secure an acceptable room reduced a potential five-star to a one-star rating and correctly so. Relax management and forget about the hostess' theorem. First-come, first-served should not be abandoned if your best rooms are to remain empty by loyalists who do not arrive.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Checked in, easy and fast. Great clean room overall. Fairly quiet. Wonderful maid service. Love the fresh sheets very day. Nice location. Met my needs perfectly. Would come back there in a heartbeat. Only single problem Inobserved was a housekeeping supervisor conducting an employee evaluation on the floor while they were cleaning and comparing one employee who was marginal with the person who was getting dressed down in ear shot of guests. Minutes per room averages surely vary but the method of management could use some help. The hotel was experiencing high traffic count and the cleaning staff was struggling to get things done. Perhaps it was the manager and how she treats folks. Still the desk, the staff and other worked very hard to make my stay excellent. It was

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Gary H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Idaho Falls/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for your kind words and your feedback. I expect all my staff to respect one another and never talk down to or disrespect another person regardless of the position. I will speak with my employees and make certain that they understand that expectation.

Thank you taking the time to help us strengthen our business.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We only spent one night at this property, but wish we had stayed longer. This Hampton Inn is a former Ameritel. It has a 24 hour pool, exercise room and business center. We were prepaid, so check in was a breeze. The desk help was friendly and efficient.Our room was on the third floor, across from the ice and vending machines. We did not hear any noise from them in our room. Our room was a little larger than the average Hampton room. The decor was beautiful. The beds were the usual Hampton comfortable beds. The bathroom was also a little larger than the usual Hampton.The sink area is separate from the shower/toilet area. Breakfast the morning was the usual Hampton breakfast, but the breakfast area is larget than most Hampton breakfast areas. The hostess, Yvette, was very pleasant and helpful. This was one of the better Hampton Inns we have ever stayed at, and would book it again if we ever return to Idaho Falls.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Gary H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Idaho Falls/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. We are glad that our efforts are noticed and that you were able to enjoy your stay at our hotel. I will pass your kind words onto Yvette and complement her on her level of customer service. Once again, thank you for staying with us, we love having you here.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn in Idaho Falls on an overnight visit on our way to Yellowstone. We booked 2 rooms and had my two married kids and their spouses in one and we stayed in the other.

My main requirements for a hotel are (1) cleanliness and (2) comfortable beds. I was not terribly impressed with the cleanliness in our room. The bathroom floor didn't look like it had been thoroughly cleaned -- and I specifically noticed a plastic strip that a price tag hangs on behind the bathroom door. There was something yellow in the sink when we arrived that looked like it might have been dried shampoo, and the floor in between the bed and the bathroom wall didn't look like it had been thoroughly vacuumed.

I thought the beds were perfectly adequate, but both my kids complained that the beds in their room were uncomfortable and they hadn't slept well. The rooms are a nice size, with the sink out in the main part of the hotel room rather than in with the bathroom facilities, which I prefer. One other small complaint I had was that the bathtub seemed rather small.

The breakfast the next morning was fine, with both hot and cold items available. There was plenty of room to sit and eat. We didn't get there early enough to use the pool, but it looked very nice when I peaked in the door.

I usually like Hampton Inns, but I didn't think this one was as nice as some of the others I've stayed in. It was in a convenient location, close to the freeway, but I think I'd try another hotel in Idaho Falls next time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family