“LOVE this place”

The Frosty Gator
Ranked #93 of 224 Restaurants in Idaho Falls
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Frosty Gator is 'The Best Tail In Town'!!!! Great Food, Great Atmosphere, Great Drinks. Over 15 beers on tap, Daily Specials, Trivia, plenty of TV's, Gator Merchandise for sale! Daily Drink & Food Specials. We also deliver and offer Catering Services for ANY occasion. Catering by Michelle. Now Serving Breakfast Saturdays and Sundays from 10am to noon.
Enterprise, Oregon
“LOVE this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

My husband and I were taking our teenage kids on one last trip before the start up of school. We stopped here for the third time because we loved the food and the staff! The kids love the burgers, salads for me and you can't go wrong with their steaks. We were served quickly and the wait staff was attentive and fun! Any reviewer that claims otherwise must have been having a bad day to begin with and probably treated the staff very disrespectfully. I have been a waitress and I KNOW good service when I see it and I know how it feels to be disrespected for doing my job. The Frosty Gator is always on our list of MUST SWING IN to eat or have a drink!

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Gina B

Idaho falls
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very BAD!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Never had a French dip with warmed up left over pot roast full of fat, now i have!!!!! Horrible! I told the server it wasn't good and she didn't care!!!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank cocopu
“Err what happened??”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

This place used to be amazing, regulars out towners. Everyone use to go here. Not anymore, the owner can't seem to keep staff for more than a month and anyone who is there longer hates their jobs and you can tell. The prices went up on the menu however theres a whole new kitchen staff. Dont you have to have consistency, before you raise your prices. I can tell you this the food quality hasn't gone up since the prices have. Not to mention I've seen the owner in there a few times drinking, getting belige with customers and even one tine freak out a bartender in front of the whole restraunt. Bathrooms are filthy, ugly cement floor with carpet glue still visible, angry staff, high prices, the once popular deck is never full anymore and falling apart. No money seems to be put into the place. Not how it use to be, I wish we had the old gator back. Hopefully he sells it and someone puts some back into it.

• Visited August 2013
6 Thank bohdi1
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Rude Owner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Last night is the last time I will ever enter and spend money at the Frosty Gator. The owner once again demonstrated a complete lack of regard for a concern I raised and I was treated in a manner that assures he will never profit from my hard earned dollars again. In recent months customers have had to endure smaller portions and higher prices. Their fish tacos were one of the better items on their menu but they are by far not the best in town (Snake Bite takes first place and is right around the corner). There are too many great places in Idaho Falls to eat where customer service, value, and quality of product are much greater than what the Frosty Gator offers. It is sad that the current owner is intent on disrespecting his customers.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank David M
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Food is ok, service sucks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stop here coming home from Yellowstone. First the doors were locked when the signed said open. After we tried a couple of times we started to leave when a waitress came out and said they were opened and the doors were locked. (Well duh, we figured that out on our own.)

We sat down got menus and our drink orders pretty promptly but that was the last of the good service.

There was 7 of us and it took a really long time to get our food. I should also mention we were the only ones there.

The BLTs and sandwiches were ok, the zucchini sticks were yummy. We had to ask for a ticket 3 times and finally someone other than our waitress brought it out to us.

The restrooms were dirty, but honestly I was too surprised by this.

The prices were fair, just remember you get what you pay for.

• Visited July 2013