“Good food good time”

Famous Dave's
Ranked #17 of 224 Restaurants in Idaho Falls
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good food good time”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Great place to eat fun food and watch your favorite sports while doing it. We sat at the bar and had great service for both food and drinks. Our fellow bar-sitters were fun and a good time was had by all. The menu offers a lot of variety and everyone had something different and all liked what they had. Feel safe in recommending Famous Dave's.

Parma, Idaho
“Yummy BBQ”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We have the sampler platter for 4 and it was enough to feed 2 adults and 4 kids (all of which are big eaters). The service was good, and the food was very good- if you like southern style bbq- which I love!

Visited June 2013
Sacramento, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Saw ad from highway and pulled in to check it out. Good choice. My family ordered a variety of meats and we enjoyed them all. The sauces are very good with choices. I mixed their sassy and devil because I could. It was very good. The brocoli was salty,but it was replaced with nonsalted broc.

Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Dissapointing”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I ordered their "Bar-be-que Salad"... big mistake. It sounded really good, but what I got was a bowl of pre-packaged salad mix with moldy tasting carrot shreds, a sprinkle of pre-grated cheese food, a room temperature glob of finely shredded chicken (...who puts sandwich spread/filling on a salad???), and their bar-be-que dressing poured over it all. Really?!?!? I have not seen a worse presentation and more unappetizing looking salad since back in the old days when no one cared about salad. Fast food places even do a better job and they are using a paper bowl! The best part of the meal was the corn muffin. They do not give you anything to put on the muffin... but hey, since the service was so slow, who wanted to wait for another ten minutes to ask for something else? And the service?... we received our food which looked well baked under the lamps, having a dark congealed top on the mac and cheese on my husband's plate, med-warm soup... but, oh well... she said they had a big group ahead of us, so that makes it all better that we had to wait for old, barely warm food. Sure! She later asked me if the food was ok, I told her no, that the carrots were moldy tasting, but she walked off and never addressed it. Great job. Not going back. Sharing my experience..... The older woman who served us made it very clear that she really did not care, so now I don't either.

North Salt Lake, Utah
“YUM!!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a well kept secret!!!
I have been tThis is a well kept secret.
It was recommended to me by the staff at the Residence Inn – and I have dined there on three (3) separate occasions.
Each time
• Great Food
• AWESOME Service
• Quick – even on a Friday/Saturday night – service and seating
• Attentive, without being overbearing, staff
You can get a great, “filling” (sit down meal) at the cost of going to Arby’s drive through and getting one of their Reuben sandwich meals!!!
If you are in town, and have a taste for bar-b-q – stop here!!
here three(3) times - EVERY time -