This was our second stay here, and it was as nice as I remembered. The room was clean and comfortable (the beds were too hard for me, but then every hotel bed is too hard for me). The check in was fast, and the checkout was even faster: they have express checkout! Piece of cake. We asked for a crib, and when we arrived, it was in the room, already set up, and with a darling baby blanket, soft bedding, and a card with tips for crib safety. The bathroom had a nice solid-surface counter, and the tub/shower had a bowed-out curtain rod (nice!) and a good shower head. The fridge and microwave came in very handy.
My kids loved the pool. There were plenty of towels, and chairs, and a hot tub. It's open 24 hours, which is convenient for late arrivals. The breakfast had the traditional luscious Holiday Inn Express cinnamon rolls (which, I admit, is one reason I stay in these hotels!), as well as waffles, toast, cereal, juice, boiled eggs, and other pastries.
The hotel is in a business-oriented section of town, so it's boring and there's no scenery, although there is a large mall across the street. This doesn't matter to me, since we just want a nice, clean place to sleep, but if you want a resort atmosphere with a great view, this isn't it. If you want a nice hotel, a decent breakfast (those cinnamon rolls!), a pool, a clean room, a decent rate, friendly staff, and family friendly lodging, this is the place to go.
BTW, hotels in the more scenic part of town (by the river) are often older and run down, so you have to decide what's more important to you, the surroundings or the hotel. While you're in the area, head over to Jackson Hole WY for a day. This is also on the way to Yellowstone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Idaho Falls is located on the East side of Idaho Falls.The Grand Teton Mall, Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center, and Mountain View Hospital are all within walking distance. Our location is ideal for just about everyone! We are surrounded by several great restaurants and entertainment, such as the Edwards Grand 14 screen theater, TSR raceway and Gameworld. We are just a short distance drive to the beautiful Idaho Falls Snake River Falls, the Idaho Falls LDS Temple, Eastern Idaho Technical College EITC, BYU Idaho, Mountain River Ranch, Heise Hot Springs, and the Idaho National Laboratory. If you're looking for an adventure then spend the day at Yellowstone Bear World, the Craters of the Moon State Park, Yellowstone National Park, Grand Targhee, the Grand Teton National Park, and Jackson Hole Wyoming. Our hotel features include: complimentary Express Start Hot Breakfast Bar, 24-hour indoor pool and spa, free high speed Internet access wired and wireless, and a Fitness center on site along with free passes to Apple Athletic Club. Visit Idaho Falls, Idaho and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Idaho Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Idaho Falls
- Holiday Inn Express Idaho Falls
- Holiday Inn Idaho Falls
- Idaho Falls Holiday Inn