“nothing fancy”

Cedric's Family Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 230 Restaurants in Idaho Falls
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I travel to Idaho Falls a lot and during the week will eat here at least once during my stay.

I would consider Cedric's is a classic greasy spoon restaurant, not much to look at, but a great menu selection with lots of choices for a fairly cheap price. Wait staff is friendly and the food is good. The scones with the cinnamon honey butter is amazing and adds about five pounds to my waist every time I eat one. If you are looking for comfort food, go here. If you are looking for fancy, this is not the place.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Go to Smitty's Pancake House instead. The place was dirty and old. It needs to be rebuilt/re-something. I had a cracked plate, dirty table. It was just gross.

It is popular with some locals but I don't know why.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

It doesn't look like anything special from the outside, but its is truly a hidden gem! I have traveled in several states, and when I said I used to live in Idaho Falls, they always ask about Cedric's. Good service, great food, scones, and outstanding value for the money.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stopped in Idaho Falls, Idaho, on way from Logan, Utah, to Billings, Montana and discovered Cedric's Family Restaurant. We learned that every Thursday, Cedric's puts its extensive list of hamburger's "on sale" for $5.50 (all except two burgers, which are specialty items and gigantic). The burger baskets comes with fries. My wife had the mushroom Swiss burger while I had the bourbon BBQ sauce burger. Both were perfectly cooked and juicy. It was our second visit to Cedric's, the first was more than a year ago. Both times we've come away delighted and impressed. Great food, great service.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

After reviewing other reviews we chose to eat here for breakfast this morning. I don't want to knock it too bad as staff was warm and inviting. Service was okay it took a little more time for the food to arrive than would normally be expected. Prices were extremely low, almost to low, we had two breakfasts coffees and juice for $14.99 total....they could charge more and spruce up the place a bit and nobody would complain. The food is average nothing to really brag about. I love fried scones (fried bread), they were not greasy but needed more flavor. The flavor came from the honey butter.