“Better Than Expected”

Sizzler
Ranked #26 of 227 Restaurants in Idaho Falls
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

Came here with three other guys before a backpacking trip in the Tetons. We all had the steak and endless fried shrimp combo. Shrimp was plentiful, but about what you would expect. Potato was well-loaded. Strawberry lemonade was tasty. Steak was far better than I expected from a Sizzler, with no fat or gristle - one guy complained his was slightly over-cooked. Service was very good; quick refills on shrimp and drinks without asking.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

I recently enjoyed a lunch with my wife at this Sizzler. We have visited several times over the past couple of decades when visiting Idaho Falls. I have found this restaurant to be consistent in the salad bar offerings. The most recent setup is very well thought through. The hot foods are located in a close proximity to each other. They used to be mixed up with the cool items, which was kind of hard to maintain. Currently there are little improvements that I noticed. The attention to detail, the cleanliness, the quick response to make certain items are topped off rather than letting them appear empty, all indicate an effort to provide a quality experience. We did not order an entree, but have done so in the past, and have never had any problems with the quality. There were several customers who had ordered various entrees, and I did not hear any complaints or notice any displeasure. In this restaurant, most people are close enough that you can tell if someone is not happy with their meal. Our server was very attentive. She spoke with us often. My wife enjoyed chatting briefly about the upcoming birth of the child this young lady was expecting. I don't always feel a desire to leave a tip at this type of restaurant, but this time it was well earned. The bus boy was also very deserving. We felt like everyone was in good form in the restaurant during our visit.

Suggestions for the customer: sit near the salad bar if this is what you are ordering. You will have more convenient access, and the staff are more attentive of your needs for having your plates cleared. There are more remote booths if you are just having an entree, and you won't compete with the frequent traffic of other patrons. If you are having an "all you can eat" entree, like popcorn shrimp, sit nearer to the serving area instead of in a remote location. Suggestions for the management: It is an excellent setup, and well maintained. My only complaint on this visit is the dressings. The 1000 island looked artificially pink, and looked terribly like a whipped topping--lacked flavour. The blue cheese appeared over-blended with no chunks of cheese as I would expect in a restaurant dressing. These two dressings used to be much better. The ranch was fine. The vinaigrettes were good--maybe that is an effort to help people have more light choices. I liked the pasta. Even though not a main item, the noodles were al dente--surprising, and the sauces were fresh and delicious. The refried beans were tasty, better than I expected. There is a pleasant selection of pre-made salads. The wait staff and attendants were very sharp during our visit on Tuesday 5 August at approximately 2pm. I was impressed that everything was in top shape right after the lunchtime rush. I kind of expected a slump at the time of our visit, and was pleased to feel like our visit was just as important to Sizzler as at any other time of day. Nice job. We will be back again.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I went with my Aunt and folks to a lunch and we chose the Sizzler. It was a good place and the food in good at a reasonable price.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

My wife and I decided to try the Sizzler while we were staying in Idaho Falls. While the restaurant was clean and the wait staff were pleasant, the food was just mediocre. My wife had the shrimp, said it was cold. I don't think fried shrimp is supposed to be served cold. My steak was overcooked, wanted medium, got well done. Just wasn't the way Sizzlers used to be.

2  Thank donicus
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I ordered the steak and all you shrimp. The place was packed but my sister in law order her steak medium well and I ordered medium and they must have mixed them since her steak was pink and mine not at all. It was hard to get a server to come around and ask for more shrimp but over all the family had a good time and some food to eat.