“Not recommended”

Cuisines: Diner
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not recommended”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We went to Dixes Diner based on other Trip Advisor reviews -- but clearly it's either changed or those people haven't been to a decent diner. The only thing I can say is the french fries weren't bad, but that's about it. If you have to go, go with low expectations.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank PMayes

Rochester MN
“Service was great!!!!! Ice cream good”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The lady with dark brown hair, made me believe she was the owner. She was so pleasant to us that it just made us feel welcome. If I lived in Idaho falls she would be a reason to be a regular. Great hospitality think you for that. The diner was very lean my husband had ice cream like multiple flavers and I just had a scoop of chocolate with a sliced banana. It was good and hit the spot but my greatest memory is how happy and devoted the waitress was to the customers. Must visit

Visited August 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Bring quartes for the jukebox!”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My girlfriend has long said this one of her favorite places to eat. Due to most of the town closed on Sunday we found ourselves here for dinner. Any diner has breakfast all day, and Dixie's is no exception. I ordered the spinach and artichoke omelette with feta. I tame with hollandaise, of which I am not a fan of, however this was not the gelatinous mess you normally get passed off as edible in most establishments, ESP chains. The omelette was fluffy, fried potatoes done right, toast perfect. Girlfriend or the Teton Burger ( one lb!) with waffle fries, and since she ate half of it, I knew it was tasty to her. Dessert we got he confusion chocolate cake. Mmmmmmm, cake! Decadent for sure. Oh, thenJukebox? Bobby Darin, James Brown, the Man in Black, Fats Domino, Jerry Lee and several Doo wop songs accompanied our meal. I think we have our Sunday don't feel like cooking place.

Calgary, Canada
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

After a hideous culinary experince in a nearby establishment the previous evening, we decided to give this town one more chance and wandered into Dixie's Diner for breakfast. The 50's decor and setup was an immediate hit with the kids (my kids had never seen a juke box before!) and the welcome from the staff only reinforced the initial impressions.

Service was fast, friendly and efficient and the food was excellent. Even though this was just breakfast the food was freshly prepared, not greasy and delicious. Definitely family friendly -Two thumbs up!!

Leakesville, Mississippi
“Did not Dissappoint”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn the night before. Party of 6 for Lunch at Dixie's Diner on July 5th. It is a real busy place. Great Selection of Food. Large portions and fair prices. Great Service. Food was average to above average. My family was satisfied.