“Tired, Mission Brown Tones, Smells stale, Duck Doo Doo Heaven”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Idaho Falls
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Reviewed June 25, 2009

This is in an excellent location on the river, with grass covered in wandering ducks, all there to take a dump, so do not walk on the grass. The staff were just filling in their day. The big breakfast has minimal choices if you choose to eat healthy. The building is probably 30 years past its hey day, with minimum upgrades. Everything is old and tired, down to the decorations and furnishings. The price is not bad, and it is better than Motel 6. Just don't take anyone there if you are trying to impress, and do not look for service or courteous staff, wrong number. Have I stayed in worse places? a motel 6 in Texas. Would I stay there again? No. There are far better places in and around town.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank SafetyHarbor

Reviewed February 26, 2009

Working in the entertainment industry , I spend my life in hotels (well at least 3 days a week) .. I love this place every time i come to idaho falls .. I am a picky customer and ask for all kinds of stupid little things Stacy thegeneral manager alway has me covered when the shilo in Id falls goes out of their way to make my stay great. The ladys at the front desk are starting to know me and always put me in rooms that overlook the beautiful snake river. I love their highspeed internet , never have had any problems and speeds rock !!!( i truly an a nerd ). I love their friendly staff and restraunt folkes they are awsome.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2009

We stayed here during the middle of a snowstorm. We were disappointed that the parking lot was very difficult to drive in and we got stuck and had to have others help us out. You would think that in those conditions they would have someone snow plow or snow blow the lot. The front desk staff was great - friendly and helpful with booking our room. They gave dog treats to our dog.

Our room was on the first floor and it is meant especially for dog owners. We loved that all we had to do was open a sliding glass door and the dog could run out and go pee and then run back in. That made things so much easier for us. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. It was remodeled for the most part but it still had a few crappy fixtures, old mirror, and old counter. But all in all, a decent room with a flat screen TV, fridge and microwave. Plenty of room and new carpet. We loved that they have free WiFi Internet in the building. You can't even get "free Internet" at at most Las Vegas hotels! The walls are a bit thin - we could hear a dog whining in the room next to us.

We tried the Christmas Day buffet which seemed like a very popular local buffet. The food was fine but nothing special. The restaurant was like walking back in to the 1980's - due for a renovation. We were disappointed that they would not serve hard alchohol at their stocked bar on Christmas Day. It seemed rather odd not to serve warm mixed drinks or a shot of whisky on a cold winters day.

The thing that bothered me the most was that housekeeping left so many room service trays with old food sitting in the hallways for two days in a row. It was disgusting looking at them sitting there and you had to be careful not to step on them because there were so many. The hallways really need a face lift. Dirty old carpet and really dark lighting.

Decent place to stay, good for dog lovers, but not any place we want to return to.

Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank a_traveling_couple
Reviewed December 13, 2008

My exposure to this establishment was Front Desk, Restaurant, and Lounge respectively. I can speak for my wife and I, that rarely in our travels do we see the level of professionalism that we encountered at the Shilo Inn Suites. Such high levels of accomodation must be structured at the highest levels but I'm quite certain that Lisa and Trish have only improved upon that methodology.
Keep doing what your doing and terms like, "economic slowdown" and "bailout" will never apply to this company... Thank you so much for allowing us to enjoy our time with you... David and Michelle Lovins, Florida, USA

Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed October 19, 2008

This Shilo Inn needs some refurbishment. But the location near a river and the balcony with a view on it is great. Just beside the hotel is also a very good restaurant we just had seen from the balcony. The area gives you also a good chance for jogging. The rest was just average but the overall stay was ok. Helpful staff.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2008

My family and I were looking for a great place to stay on our trip to Idaho Falls, Idaho and we struck gold in the Shilo Inn Suites. Not only was our room spacious and clean, but the staff was incredibly friendly, including the manager, Stacey, who personally greeted guests at the front desk upon check in.

The hotel had everything to offer. The pool was fantastic, the view was great. Set on the Snake River, the property truly has an extraordinary setting.

I have recommended this hotel to many of my friends and family and those who have stayed there have agreed that this is the best hotel in all of Idaho.

Typically, I am not so generous in my compliments, but when you can see how far above and beyond normal this hotel is, you would probably give the same feedback. The staff and management of this hotel have really got something to be proud of. This is definitely a first rate place to stay and it is conveniently located at a great stopping point for a trip to Yellowstone and Jackson Hole. Personally, my family has decided that we may just take some short weekend trips to this hotel as our main destination.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 27, 2008

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)