“Believe the bad reviews!!!”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Idaho Falls
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I read all of the reviews and thought that " it can't be THAT bad", well it absolutely is. First, there were used feminine products left in the bathroom trash can. I thought that I could overlook that because after all, people make mistakes. Then there was the hall way, an empty disposable coffee cup that was still there in the morning. The resturant serves a quality of food that I would throw out at home. I got to the resturant at about 9 pm, horrible, again I thought " well, it's late in the evening and they are getting ready to close" wrong again. I went to the 6 am breakfast at around 6:20 and it was if they had cooked it the night before. My room only had decaf coffee as well as the shower that I hadn't been in yet had black hair in it as well as the bathroom floor. When I checked out one day after my scheduled 6 night stay, they tried to charge me for two nights...oops they said. After telling this to the front desk I was told by the desk help " I will have a strong word with the cleaning staff" , wow thanks that makes me feel much better. It was obvious that the staff could not care less. Later this week I will get the same heartfelt apology from someone that everyone else has gotten. It is time for the shilo in Idaho falls to put up or shut up or better yet, clean up or close up. I stay in towns all over the place as a pilot and this ranks number one for the worst hotel experience EVER.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul L
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Idaho Falls, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Paul L,

I apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay at our Idaho Falls location. Unfortunately, I was not yet here when you stayed with us and if I was, these matters would have been addressed immediately. As the new General Manager of Shilo Inn Idaho Falls I take customer service very seriously and am working with the entire staff to better the property in all aspects. I appreciate your feedback and will be informing the staff of these concerns during our meetings and training.

There are newer reviews for Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Idaho Falls

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I would not recommend this hotel because of the appalling service and attitude of the staff on reception and in the dining room. We only stayed one night here, but never again. We arrived about 9.50 pm to check in which I know is late, there was only one woman on reception, there was a long queue for checking in. It was Saturday night and the night club next to reception was booming out music which thankfully our room was not near to it. It took us 50 minutes to check in, they couldn't find the booking. Eventually she put us in a disabled room with two queen beds. The shower and toilet were filthy, the water was either freezing or scolding hot. In the morning we just wanted to leave as quickly as possible. The young waitress in the breakfast room was miserable and unhelpful, she was wearing a hoody and leggings and looked as though she had been in the nightclub all night. We asked for tea and toast and 15 minutes later were given one slice of toast each. I spoke to the staff on the desk ( now 3 in total). I asked what their complaint procedure was, they were clueless, just handed me a feedback postcard. Avoid this hotel if you can.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not near the ground floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Denise W,

Please accept my apologies regarding your stay at our Idaho Falls location. I assure you that your concerns are being addressed at the property. Please know this is not the norm for Shilo Inns and we take customer satisfaction very seriously. As the new General Manager of Shilo Inn Idaho Falls I am actively working on improving many aspects of the hotel. If you would like to speak about any further concerns I would love to speak with you and get you taken care of. I can be contacted at the property, 208-523-0088.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

It was a nice size room a little pricey even if it was by the river. Room was clean and had all it said it would. Pool was useable but tiles were falling off hot tub. Breakfast was more choices and food was good except maybe eggs. Might try a different motel for same price next time.

Stayed: July 2013

Dear Momthom,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay at our Idaho Falls property. The hotel does have a great location lining the Snake River, and understand that some areas of the hotel need some renovation, which we are currently working on. As the new General Manager of the Shilo Inn Idaho Falls, I appreciate your feedback to better our property.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night ..soo glad it was one night only! Pics online showed a nice seemingly updated room but looks can be deceiving! The bed was at least comfortable and clean...but our room was old and tired and had seen better days! Counters were old and corners were cracked and rough. Soaps and towels were cheap and thin. Shower was not real clean. Had a sink bar area in room but did not have dishes or kitchen towels or dish detergent to rinse out glasses. Coffee pot was missing the basket for the coffee and no sugar or creamer either. Serve a breakfast but it was pitiful! Tasteless eggs, shriveled and chewy sausage links..only allow one coffee or juice..
. Hallway was smelly and only one ice machine was working on three floors..not ours..had to go up a floor. Security was not good.. someone kept propping the door to the rooms open and anyone could walkin. Outside parking area is dirty and grounds not well kept..shoulda been our first clue... It is a hotel that a lot of construction people stay at in transit...nicer places just next door..Hampton Inn, Hyatt. Etc. Don't waste your money here.

Room Tip: There are none!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear JanGeorgia,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay at our Idaho Falls location. We would like you to know that we are working on upgrading certain areas of our property. As the new General Manager of the Shilo Inn Idaho Falls I appreciate your feedback to better our property and I will be sharing your concerns with the rest of our staff.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night, staff friendly and helpfull. Rooms were big and clean, comfy beds plenty of hot water. There was a large pool and hot tub but were didn't use them. Breakfast was ok, not the best. Great for a quick overnight stop.

• Stayed: July 2013
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Idaho Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Kev-calgary,

We are very pleased to read that you found your recent stay at our fantastic Idaho Falls location to be great! We strive to always proved our guests with friendly service, clean accommodations and relaxing hotel amenities. Please visit us again next time you are in the area. We would love to have you back for another stay!

Regards ,

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The location is great. Next to the river walk, but other than that, it is so so. It appeared to me that everything needed a little tender loving care and basic maintenance. The parking lot in rough shape, weeds growing up all around the shrubbery, faded paint, AC unit was crap (very hard to control a decent temp and very loud. (only four channels on the TV were working and they were fuzzy. Got it on Hotwire. I did like the pool was open all night. The room was decent.

Room Tip: The backside room has a nice view of the river.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Idaho Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear wingnut 457,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay at our Idaho Falls location. We are glad you were able to enjoy the beautiful river walk that lines the Snake River and our 24 hour guest amenities, such as the indoor pool. We are working on upgrading certain areas of the property and your feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope to have you back again as a valued guest! Please give us a call directly next time you are in Idaho Falls so we can personally get you taken care of with a nice cool room and properly working TV!

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is OK, but definitely seen its better days. I think the 2.5 star rating is very generous. Lobby appeared rundown, and we were greeted by loud drunk people making their way to the on-site nightclub. My advice: spend the $10 more and go with a Holiday Inn Express or Marriott.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Bethany N,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay at our Idaho Falls location. We apologize for any inconveniences your encountered with lounge patrons during your check-in. We would like to have you back for a second stay to enjoy a better experience with competitive rates and great guest amenities.