“Needs TLC and Basic Maintenance”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Idaho Falls
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The location is great. Next to the river walk, but other than that, it is so so. It appeared to me that everything needed a little tender loving care and basic maintenance. The parking lot in rough shape, weeds growing up all around the shrubbery, faded paint, AC unit was crap (very hard to control a decent temp and very loud. (only four channels on the TV were working and they were fuzzy. Got it on Hotwire. I did like the pool was open all night. The room was decent.

Room Tip: The backside room has a nice view of the river.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Idaho Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear wingnut 457,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay at our Idaho Falls location. We are glad you were able to enjoy the beautiful river walk that lines the Snake River and our 24 hour guest amenities, such as the indoor pool. We are working on upgrading certain areas of the property and your feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope to have you back again as a valued guest! Please give us a call directly next time you are in Idaho Falls so we can personally get you taken care of with a nice cool room and properly working TV!

There are newer reviews for Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Idaho Falls

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is OK, but definitely seen its better days. I think the 2.5 star rating is very generous. Lobby appeared rundown, and we were greeted by loud drunk people making their way to the on-site nightclub. My advice: spend the $10 more and go with a Holiday Inn Express or Marriott.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Bethany N,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay at our Idaho Falls location. We apologize for any inconveniences your encountered with lounge patrons during your check-in. We would like to have you back for a second stay to enjoy a better experience with competitive rates and great guest amenities.

Regards,

Reviewed July 3, 2013

When making a reservation, make sure to request a river view room because the view is wonderful. All the rooms on the river side have little balconies which is really nice as well. My room had contemporary styling and was in good condition. You get a ticket in the morning for breakfast, and it is far better than the average fare. I used the hottub and pool and both were nice as well. The Shilo is a both good value and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Kathy S,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent visit to Shilo Inns Idaho Falls with us. We are ecstatic to hear you enjoyed your visit and were able to take view of the beautiful Snake River, enjoy the pool and spa and eat a nice hot breakfast, which is complimentary anytime you stay. Your kind words will be shared with the staff and we look forward to taking care of you anytime you’re in the area.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

To make a very long story short, I would never stay at this Shilo Inn again. Ever. We received the worst service I have ever seen. We weren't alone. We saw at least 4 other customers upset with the horrible service during our short one night stay. If you want to wait an extra 2 hours before your room is "ready" (even when you show up at 7:30pm), be given the wrong room, , have a room key that won't work, a pool with no towels, a room with no towels, very rude employees.... this is your hotel.

Dear PGCam,

Please accept my apologies regarding your recent stay at our Idaho Falls location. I assure you that your concerns are being addressed at the property. Please know this is not the norm for Shilo Inns and we take customer satisfaction very seriously. If you would like to speak about any further concerns I would love to speak with you and get you taken care of. I can be contacted at the property, 208-523-0088.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I read the mixed reviews before booking our stay. I noticed that the hotel responded to the poor reviews, which impressed me. However, upon arriving, we had a long wait checking in due to 3 different problems ahead of us. One man had been given a key to a room only to use the key and walk in on a couple who were alread staying in the same room! Another man had a key that didn't work- turned out the keys must be used upside down,contrary to the arrow on the key. The third lady in line had a room with a broken television. Once my family entered our room, I was happy to see it wasn't at all bad. However, the airconditioner didn't work. It put out hot air and we literally sweated all night!

Dear MEJDoane,

Thank you for taking time to let me know about the concerns you encountered during your recent visit to Shilo Inns Idaho Falls. I would like to apologize for these inconveniences and assure you that positive changes are being made at the property to provide the utmost service for all our hotel guests. I appreciate your business and would love to invite you back for a far better experience the next time you’re traveling through Idaho Falls.

Regards,

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was attending a Security Conference held by the U.S. Dep. of Homeland Security last week and decided to stay at the Shilo Inn (Idaho Falls) for a week. I will be honest, at first, I was a bit scared to stay in because of the reviews. In addition, I also realized other classmates stayed at other places because of the reviews. Well, bad choice on their end.The hotel was great! the room had lots of space and the staff made sure that it was clean and tidy every single morning. The bed was really clean and well made. The room was well renovated and I felt like I was at home. Honestly, do not make your decision based on bad reviews because they are not true. I have one downside though, the WiFi connection was pretty slow at times, but lets be honest, we know internet traffic can be slow at times, especially if multiple users are connected at the same time. Anyways, I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 402 was my chosen room. Really recommend it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Adam A
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Idaho Falls, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Adam A,

Thank you very much taking time to write such a nice review regarding you visit at our Shilo Inns Idaho Falls property. I will certainly be sharing your kind words with the staff, who will be ecstatic to hear them. We look forward to taking care of you anytime you travel through Idaho Falls. Thank you again!

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We booked a room with two queen beds and we were given a room with one queen bed and a hide a bed couch. When we talked to the front desk they said, "but you have a great view." Yes, but the view isn't a decent bed for my kids to sleep in. Many other guests were complaining because they also were put into one bed rooms. The response was that their cleaning staff didn't have enough time to get all the rooms cleaned. Mind you, this is at 9 p.m. The main areas of the hotel are dirty and it seemed like there were a lot of random people loitering. The ceiling in the pool area is falling down and the staff seemed put out when I asked for additional towels. Thank goodness we were only staying one night! Never again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Idaho Falls, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Rachel R,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit at Shilo Inns Idaho Falls. I would like to apologize about the inconveniences you encountered during your stay and assure you this is not the norm at our hotels. I will be personally addressing your concerns with the staff. We currently are working many positive changes at the property and I would like to personally invite you back for a much more enjoyable visit. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for any future assistance; I can be reached at the hotel by calling (208)523-0088.

Sincerely