Shilo Inns Idaho Falls
$94
Best Western Driftwood Inn(Idaho Falls)(Great Value!)
$83
Motel West(Idaho Falls)(Great Value!)
$60
$95
La Quinta
Hampton Inn Idaho Falls At the Mall(Idaho Falls)(Great Value!)
$105
$101
Hampton.com
$98
Hampton.com
$99
Sleep Inn & Suites(Idaho Falls)(Great Value!)
$118
$93
SleepInn
Best Western Plus Cottontree Inn(Idaho Falls)(Great Value!)
$78
Candlewood Suites(Idaho Falls)(Great Value!)
$91
$81
CandlewoodSuites
All reviewsfront desksnake riversteam roomfree breakfastpotatoesfollowing morninggreat customer servicebusiness tripbiscuits and gravyhot tubjackson holeview of the riverlarge roomopen hoursgreat roomlds templerichard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 10, 2008

First, the positive things about this property. It has a back door to the Snake River falls area in the downtown of Idaho Falls. Very convinient for a jog/walk along a beautiful paved path that loops about 3 miles. There are several good restaraunts within a half mile (recommend the Brownstone for fresh eats and good microbrews). The room includes a breakfast from a buffet-style spread.

Now for the less stellar aspects: This hotel has some issues to work out. It likely begins with the way it is managed. The hotel is in the middle of a renovation, something they are not transparent about sharing before the booking. The room I stayed in had a partial renovation to the countertops and to the bathroom tile and tub. The wallpaper and cabinetry was outfitted in a late 70's decor and had some outdated appliances to match (probably from the late 80's). The bed seemed more modern and was not bad, but not great. On the last evening of a three night stay, I was called by two different people at the front desk telling me I would have to move out of the room that night to allow re-carpetting to be done the next morning. To each of them it was explained that I was checking out very early in the morning and there was no point in moving if they weren't working that night.

Based on what work has been completed as part of the renovation of the Shilo, the management/owner is attempting to save some money by purchasing low quality components, and shoody craftsmanship (low cost labor). Suggest avoiding this place unless you can get a room for a very low rate.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank NMRugger
Reviewed February 19, 2008

I recently stayed at this motel, and it is undergoing renovations. Unfortunately the Shilo Inn prioritized these renovations above the care of its guests.

All of the guest entrance doors were locked for the renovations. This meant walking from the far end of the snowy and icy parking lot to the office door (the only entrance available), and then walking back the entire length of the building to my room (carrying luggage). To make matters worse, these doors were locked all night long. I hate to think what might have happened had there been a fire at my end of the building. There would have been no door to escape out -- luckily I was on the bottom floor and hopefully could have broken my window out. I don't know what the 2nd or 3rd floor guests would have done.

Upon checking in, the bathroom floor was dirty (it was covered with hair). The bathroom sink had rust stains, the remote control didn't work, cigarette burns were in the furniture (in a non-smoking room), and the linens smelled strongly of bleach (at least I knew they were clean). Dishes from room service were on the floor in the hallways when I checked in, and they remained there the next day as I left to check out.

I never ate at the restaurant, but I called them to see what the dinner specials were. The person who answered the phone told me they wouldn't be serving dinner for another half-hour, so the chef "wouldn't tell him what the specials or catch-of-the-day were." I went to a nearby restaurant instead.

I really got the impression that nobody at the hotel cared. They didn't care whether my stay was comfortable. They didn't care that my safety was compromised. They didn't care whether I ate at their restaurant or not. Well guess what, Shilo Inn? I don't care to ever stay at your hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank Sawtooth75
Reviewed January 2, 2008

My whole family stayed at this hotel over Thanksgiving for my cousin's wedding. The rooms were large and clean - ours was massive (2x the size of most rooms) - although our other family members had more average sized rooms. We had a very nice view overlooking the Snake River. As most of us were out of town, we ended up having Thanksgiving dinner at the hotel restaurant. The food was pretty good and the staff at the restaurant was very nice. However, I would not recommend the restaurant for regular meals. Our room rate included breakfast each day, which was mediocre. One plus is that the hotel is about 5 minutes from the airport.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2007

This past weekend I held a flyfishing and fly tying trip for 7 disabled veterans. We floated the South Fork and had a great time. The trip however wouldn't have been possible without the Shilo Inn and their Staff. We had a veteran who lost his legs and needed an accessible room. Stacy Mason (Shilo manager) bent over backwords to accomodate our needs. She even helped get us into the VIP room so we could eat dinner and tie flies. I can't begin to tell you how friendly and supportive the staff showed our soldiers.

The location of the Shilo needs to be mentioned as well. What a wonderful setting for a romantic getaway or a simple family outing. The hotel is right next to the snake river. Ducks and geese are abundant. If you have kids..... a walk and a loaf of bread are in order. The LDS Temple is in the background and at night is lit up beautifully. Just a fantastic setting!!!!

Don't just take my word for it. You owe it to yourself to take that much needed vacation. Stay at the Shilo and tell them Vance sent you.

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed July 10, 2007

We arrived early, they had no trouble with early check in, we had used an online booking service because it was cheaper than the hotel's website, expecting the usual disdain reserved for discount customers at the front desk we were delighted to be treated like valued guests instead. Front desk staff was expert and enthusiastic.

Our room (non-smoking king) was HUGE. full sized couch, kitchenette area, nice big vanity. Rough estimate of total space was 14' x 33" or about 500 s.f. Wireless was faster than home, all housekeeping staff friendly and helpful and english speaking as a first language. Pool area was clean and well kept, jacuzzi did look a little murky.

Breakfast was a bit stark and of average quality but was a step up from the continental served elsewhere at the same price. Hotel management confirms that the dining is a leased portion of the property so can't hold it against shilo.

Parking was ample, self service bell carts at each entrance, there is a GREAT... GREAT steak place across the street called Jaker's, Outstanding quality and good value. We got that recomendation from the very personable lady in the sales office (Angie).

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business