“Best Western Driftwood Inn”

Best Western Driftwood Inn
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Really comfortable accomodations with an outstanding, friendly staff. Beautiful location right on the river with the falls and riverwalk right out your front door. Would definately recommend this hotel during your visit to Idaho falls.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Write a ReviewReviews (1,040)

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here twice on a recent trip to Yellowstone. The property is across a small street from a walking path/greenbelt along the Snake river and you can see and hear the falls. Good variety of restaurants within walking distance. First room was clean, quiet. The front desk staff of young ladies was very pleasant and helpful with restaurant ideas. We asked about getting one of the rooms that overlooks the river and they were able to set us up in one for the second stay. Large room, very well appointed, overlooking the river. WE could open the patio door and listen to the falls all night. Also, the BEST BED I have ever slept in!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side are best if you have kids. If not, request one of the rooms overlooking the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My experience on the 14th have been really disappointing, the manager brandi, from the time I check in time did have an aptitude with me, she wants to charge me $ 139 plus taxes, plus pet fee. Because I stay over 2 years in the Best Western hotel in Idaho Falls, usually I paid $ 69.99 (with pet and tax fee include it). So I explain that to brandi, and she refuses to even lower that fee, SHE SAID BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOU THE HOTEL IS LOSING TOO MUCH MONEY, I didn't realize she was referring to my ethnicity (Latino). Because I got food poison, I really have to go to my room and take some medicine, so I told brandi can you check with your supervisor please; I will check with you later on, really don't feel good now. So I did but it was the night auditor, right there he took my payment and just told me make sure you when you make a reservation, do it with somebody who knows how to do it, next day, I ASKED TWICE THE NIGHT AUDITOR IF THERE ANY ADDITIONAL FEE, HE SAID NO, THIS IS IT. Check out time brandi again, now she was asking me for an ID, because I paid cash, (very inconvenience got clients waiting for me at my office, so I have to take the time for brandi finish her job). What will be my surprise that on Monday 15th, my debit card was charge with $10 from the best western hotel, when I called in nobody cannot explain to me that charge, I have to wait 2 days until brandi come to work again. Brandi call me and in a very disrespectful way talked me THAT I KNEW THAT I WAS CHEATING, THAT I HAVE TO PAY THE PET FEE, ONCE AGAIN SHE MENTION THAT BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU THE HOTEL IS LOSING A LIT OF MONEY. To matters worst I got charge a daily overdraft fee on my debit card (so far $ 67.20) I asked her to remove that fee, she refuses, until she get $10 in cash. Best Western lose my business for good, I cannot even describe how disrespectful I feel by the manager brandi, no only because she keeps mention my ethnic but also, because an internal mistake on the hotel I have to pay an overdraft fee of 67.20. I will publish this comment on the social media and I will never stay on any BW hotel.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our way to Yellowstone National Park and it was great. It's across the street from the Snake River and there is a wonderful park with benches to sit and enjoy the water falls. Very relaxing and within walking distance to some nice restaurants. Breakfast was good and they made eggs to order.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel has comfortable beds, clean rooms and a great breakfast. All employees were very accommodating and cordial. It is right across the street from the snake river with a park in front. There is a water fall there too. It was soo nice.

Room Tip: The double king rooms are huge
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan B
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel is in a beautiful setting across from the falls in Idaho Falls, and walking distance to several restaurants. The hot tub and work out area is in a separate area so if kids are in the pool, adults in the hot tub are not disturbed. My room had a HUGE beautiful shower, and the room was spotless. For breakfast I had an omelet made for me. Wonderful stay, I almost forgot I was traveling for work!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Clean and a beautiful view.....the water falls are in front and even if the rooms are small, the service is good and breakfast was serve in time, good omelets, I hope carpets were cleaner, but overall I like it.

Travelers also viewed these Idaho Falls hotels
Home2 Suites by Hilton Idaho Falls
Hilton Garden Inn Idaho Falls
Hilton Garden Inn Idaho Falls
#7 of 24 in Idaho Falls

Been to Best Western Driftwood Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Driftwood Inn

Address: 575 River Pkwy, Idaho Falls, ID 83402-3313 (Formerly Best Western Plus Driftwood Inn)
Location: United States > Idaho > Idaho Falls
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#7 Family Hotel in Idaho Falls
#8 Romantic Hotel in Idaho Falls
#8 Business Hotel in Idaho Falls
Price Range: $72 - $224 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western Driftwood Inn 2.5*
Welcome to the Best Western Driftwood Inn. Our hotel is located on the Snake River and Falls. We offer an expansive hot breakfast with a chef making fresh eggs your way. We offer an outdoor heated pool with views of the river. You can use one of our complimentary bicycles to take a scenic ride. After a fun filled day our deluxe hot tub is the perfect way to relax. Our staff looks forward to making your stay memorable. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Best Western, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Driftwood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Driftwood Hotel Idaho Falls