“Great location”

Best Western Driftwood Inn
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this motel. It has an excellent location across from the greenbelt on the Snake River. We walked a 2+ mile loop and felt so lucky to have this at our doorstep. They also have bicycles free of charge. The breakfast with cooked to order omelets was good. We used the spa and exercise facility, both new. The exercise equipment was really good quality and the spa one of the best we have seen. The staff were all extremely friendly, attentive and happy with their work environment. This is an older motel (or maybe 2 put together) with new additions. We stayed in what looked like the oldest section. It was single story so no overhead noise. The room was adequate with a comfortable and good linens. The one improvement needed was new carpet. We felt this was an excellent value for such a good location and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,039)

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Staff was great and the rooms were awsome!!! CLEAN and comfortable beds.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 26, 2012

We were surprised how nice this place is, you cannot see that on the photos that are all over the internet. Located right at the Snake River and with view on the Idaho Falls this is a very nice place to stay.
The park acros the street is nice for a stroll at the end of the day.
The rooms are spacious, clean and have lots of amenities, the bathroom is very nice!
Breakfast was okay and sufficient, with a very friendly waitress who makes omelets on request.
Defenitly come back here

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2012

This is a great value! The location is perfect, easy shopping and many places to eat.
The park and river are right across the street, the falls are spectacular. Some good bike riding too. The hotel is clean, the staff friendly and helpful, not to mention a real breakfast equiped with an omlette station!
A main stay for me and the Cats between Palm Springs and Kalispell!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Ok me and my wife were traveling last summer 8/11 from Salt Lake City Idaho, Wyoming, South Dakoda back to Salt Lake City. I t was a long trip in mileage cause things are so far apart in them there hills. Our 1st stop was B/W Driftwood in ID. after flying and driving all toll about 10 hrs. we arrive the girl at the desk was very friendly she told us our room was just cleaned and carpet were also washed. I said no biggy she said she will have to get it ready so we went with her a and wowo we saw our bed was loaded with the end tables lights TV ETc. Us not being pains laugh and we help set up the room. We got comfortable I made a drink and when I took off my shoes my socks got soaked I asked my wife if she felt wet she said yeah, but she never complains.So I go to desk and she said she has a suite for us great right? Wrong as we walked to suite we see old carpets old A/C all over the back andthe suite is under the staireway so we go in and I see the back is outside our bathroom window which was older then me. Again we unpack dont worry I undress make a drink and wait for the A/C to get cool and wait , and wait now Im sitting on the A/C so I call the front desk and tell them they dont have another room so I asked for a fan anything the Plus he brought a hugh fan that I put on the end table and sleep with it on me all night. The next day we go to B?W jacksonhole wyoming this made up for the other so we felt alittle better until the next stop Sheridan Wyoming B/Western a 2 star looking motel problem is it had construction all around the motel which might have been good to know before are entrance was in the back of a shady looking street which face a big garbage dumpster. All in All the other Hotel werent as bad they were Marriots when I got home I emailed Bestwestern about problem I got no responds except for the hotel I stood in which they said I sorry Period. That is not what a class hotel does I didnt get anyfollowup from Corp Nothing but being that I spent 3 seperate nights at BW they gave everyone who did a free one night stay Great. Yesterday I am looking to go away in july so I try to use free room voucher only to find ojut from 8/11/11 to 1/31/12 it was good until then 5 + months All I know is this a shameful for ma big the biggest hotel chain to treat their customer. Good luck to all Roy DeSetto

Room Tip: Make sure you call direct to hotel dont take the web site info.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Stayed in July 2011. It was obvious the hotel was just coming to the end of a major refurbishment project. We stayed with 2 children in newly refurbished room with 2 large queen beds and a full sized sofabed. The room was enormous with a full kitchen and a large bathroom area. It was the last room upstairs over the driveway into the small courtyard. For the price level it was the best hotel room I've been in.

The hotel did a good breakfast, complete with omelette bar, the only complaint being it was very crowded with limited seating area for breakfast.

The pool was very nice with some nice shady areas to sit out in.

The hotel location is great, right by the snake river right opposite the falls by a riverside park. You can walk to several restaurants from the hotel and it's not far into downtown Idaho Falls itself.

If I'm in the area again I will stay here

Room Tip: Go for the upsatirs rooms in the small courtyard, not the ones above the pool area.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I recently spent 3 nights at this property. I have mixed feelings. The bathroom appeared to be recently remodeled. The beds were comfortable, the chairs were okay. Overall, the room was clean. This was all as I expected, no complaints.
However, the check in process was a little odd. No words were wasted. I was asked to sign and check a box to acknowledge a non smoking policy that was nowhere to be seen on the screen. As a non smoker,it was not a big deal, but it was weird to sign an agreement that you weren't given an opportunity to read. Then I was handed keys, directed to my room. No mention was given to the hotel amenities or breakfast.
Maybe that was a sign. I did figure out that breakfast was from 6-9am. Each day there was one harried looking girl working the omelet bar and apparently in charge of restocking the other breakfast items at the same time. She was very busy just taking care of the omelet bar. There were lots of empty containers that should have held the other breakfast items. The whole breakfast room felt neglected and sparse.
On one of the days housekeeping randomly forgot to empty my obviously overflowing trash can.
At check out I was not offered a copy of my receipt. Perhaps they are taking paperless to the next level?
I don't think I would stay here again. Yes, the rate was low, but I'd rather pay an extra $10 and take my chances at any of the other comparably priced hotels in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family