“Not Up To What I Expected”
Review of Whitewater Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Having eaten Japanese food including sushi since I was a child I have come to expect a certain standard of flavor and texture. Given the typically high price of sushi, I'm a bit more finicky. This restaurant is one of those places where they try very hard to provide a good Japanese meal but don't quite succeed. Re their sushi the texture of the rice was off and the seasoning of it including the filling was not up to standards. For those who are unaccustomed to eating a quality Japanese meal, this restaurant is fine. But if you're a bit discriminating with your tastes I would not recommend it to you. These comments are based on more than one visit.

There are newer reviews for Whitewater Grill

Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is the place to go if you want a choice of cuisine. The Japanes menu is interesting and the sushi is very good. The grill serves up some good steaks.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is an unexpected gem found in a small town like ours. There is something for everyone, even if you don't like sushi. My personal favorites are the hawaiian role, the gyoza, and the shrimp tempura.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is a somewhat odd restaurant that serves regular American food (fish, steak, etc.) and sushi. We didn't eat the sushi but the food from the Gill menu was tasty. Nice restaurant.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We don't know what the food is like as we entered, were ignored for a long time, then told to wait even though there was hardly anyone else there, so after several minutes and nothing happening, no one coming to help, no one appearing to welcome us, we left.

1  Thank IdahoTraveler2010