“Great Mountain Food any time of day”

Trudy's Kitchen RV & Cabin
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Idaho City
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Great food and good service make this a must stop in Idaho City. Nothing fancy but everything done well. From Breakfast through Dinner, I have never had a bad meal here. The food is well prepared and there are generous portions.

And do not pass up the desserts.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Very good food. I went there for breakfast and had the egg sandwich.the sausage patty was good and so was the english muffin.!! My friend got the sausage links... Not so good. On the way out we saw the gigantic pies. If I weren't so stuffed I defenitly would have got a slice... The oreo creme pie looked the best to me. Over all I would defenitly go back. Maybe have lunch or dinner.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is one great stop, I can usually get a good idea of what the food will be like by how good the soup is. Well the soup was great. I arrived between lunch and dinner, The Ruben I had was very good and the service by the young woman was quick and friendly. This is a true Mom and
Pop type of shop.
I sat next to the display of pies and cinnamon rolls. All of which I am sure are home made.
Though I was full I couldn't resist the recommendation to take a piece of pie to go. So glad I did, reminded me of my mothers pies.
Idaho City is a bit out of the way unless you are headed though the Sawtooh Mountains but what a great stop.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I flew into Boise on a business trip, though just had to explore the local mountains...so out of the jet, rented a car
and headed to the Idaho City area. Found a wonderful hiking trail, thanks to an internet posting, then stopped at Trudy's
for dinner. The first thing that you see are these HUGE deserts (all home made goodies of course!). The food is excellent, the service perfect, the atmosphere...Idaho small town!! By the way...I was shocked that Idaho City is a small town...very small!
This outing made my trip to Idaho....PERFECT!

1  Thank TravelThyme7
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Nice atmosphere and obviously a place for locals and visitors to frequent. Efficient, if not the most friendly, service. Everyone agreed their sandwiches were very good, and the prices were reasonable. I think the main disappointment was with the pie. The coconut cream was quite starchy, didn't have enough coconut, and was something of a gut bomb. The apple pie a la mode wasn't as tasty as it looked, and the apples were pretty sweet instead of tart. Apparently, Trudy's has a reputation for good pie, but that wasn't our experience. We'd go back and just have sandwiches.