I have now been here 5 or 6 times and each time is better than the last. There are so many people who return many times that I always bump into people I've seen before and even though I travel alone I always make new friends, many of which I stay in touch with.
The family who own the hotel are amazing, working incrediby long hours but always have time to chat, help, make sure you're having fun and remember your name.
The rooms are always clean and if the cleaners come before you are ready for them, they come back later so you don't miss out on your clean. The sheets and towels are changed every other day. Any problems are remedied as soon as possible after you report them, as somone else wrote in their review, if you don't report it, how can they sort it for you?
Angela in reception has details of trips, knows the local area well so can recommend places to visit and sometimes ventures into the kitchen to cook "specials" which I am assured are lovely but as I am vegetarian I haven't tried any.
The food in the restaurant is wonderful and always tastes great. They are happy to make amendments to the dishes if you ask and the prices are very reasonable.
The atmosphere in the bar in the evening is very friendly and I often decide to have an early night but get talking and laughing and stay a lot later than I planned!
There are always enough sunbeds around the two pools and umbrellas and shady areas if it gets too hot.
There is a supermarket on site, buses from outside the hotel several times a day and buses to Rethymno and Chania from the road at the bottom of the hill every hour.
I have stayed both with and without a car and have had great holidays either way. There is plenty of parking if you do hire a car and Angela can contact a hire company if you decide to hire one when you get there.
All in all I would say go to Camari Gardens and have a great holiday, see you there some time as I am already planning my next trip!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In this idyllic spot of Crete, just 6km west of Rethymnon, you will find the family owned Camari Garden Hotel. A modern complex of apartments with Greek, neo-classic elements in its architecture, overlooking the Cretan sea. This peaceful, village-like hotel, with its 66 apartments and studios, the comfortable and relaxing environment offers an ideal destination for families and couples. A cozy escape from the problems and worries of everyday life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Camari Garden Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camari Garden Apartments Hotel Gerani
- Camari Garden Apartments Rethymnon
- Camari Garden Apartments Hotel Rethymnon
- Camari Garden Apartments Crete