“A great place.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hayden
Pocatello, Idaho
“A great place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed here on business the week of October 8th. It was clean and quiet. The staff was friendly and the complimentary breakfast was better than most. It was a little farther to local restaurants, but only minutes from where I was working.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Walla Walla, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

We could not have asked for anyplace better to stay for our family time together.
Tami Crawford, director of sales, went out of her way more than once to help us out with problems and needs. She would stop when she saw you just to see if everything was going
ok and if she could be of any help to us.
Every person there was very helpful. We never saw anybody from the manager, front desk,
housekeeper and breakfast server cranky or in a bad mood. All appeared to really like their job
happy and smiling and helpful. I can not say enough about the staff at this hotel.
Breakfast every morning was wonderful. Freshly made pancakes, one by one, were the best, everybody needs to try one.
This hotel being attached to Raptor Reef and Triple Play for our family time was wonderful we never left the hotel for anything except dinner one night. The best water slides any of us have ever been to. We will deffinatly be coming back. I have already talked to some of my family members about a family reunion here. Tami told us if your party books more than 5 rooms you get a discount, so I think that is where we will be heading for our next reunion.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #328, we planned on eating in room for meals and we did. But this room only had a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip with dog in tow. This is one of the only pet friendly hotels in the area and the pricing is better than Coeur d'Alene, though still expensive. Though I feared noise based on reviews, and "family friendly" usually means tons of kids, luckily we stayed in mid-September and it was not busy or noisy. First floor rooms are ideal for pets as there is a sliding glass door and you need not go through hallways to get outside. There is no good area to walk pets but there are some grassy median strips you can use. There is an alley to the east of the hotel that has a long grass strip we used to play fetch. There are nearby fast food places, KFC, Domino's, etc. but just to the east of the hotel at the end of the alley there is a nice little restaurant called Copa that offered great food for lunch and dinner, and they have a pet friendly patio. Copa staff even brought water and some leftover meat scraps for the dog, which was very nice - and they offer takeout. Hotel had free wi-fi, the room was nice, new and clean, everything worked, fridge and microwave. Simple hot breakfast but the donuts were fresh and the coffee was good so no complaints. To get the best rate book online 14 days in advance and prepay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

The Good - The room was a nice size and relatively clean (did notice some cob webs up in the higher ceiling area) Nice high ceiling in room. Nice fridge in room. Newer hotel and is nicely finished. Overall appearance is good. The "not so good" - noisy hall ways and the noise came into the room. better sound control recommended. Noisy b/w rooms - side to side and up/down.
fair quality linens, not the heavy linens that you would see in a high quality hotel. Some of the TV channels did not work in our room. The breakfast was average. A bit pricey at $180.00/night for the quality.

Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

I'm a simple business traveler. I require but four major items to make everything work well for me, in addition to decent customer service:

1) everything works.
2) the high speed internet has to be functional, reliable and fast.
3) safe.
4) clean.

This place went four for four, and everyone was friendly too. I'd stay here again for sure if I had a return engagement to Hayden/Coeur D'Alene.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

When I knew we were headed to Silverwood for vacation I started looking at hotels nearby. Most had relatively bad reviews on tripadvisor for one reason or another - bad smells, outdated decor, rude staffs, etc. So, I looked at reviews for the Holiday Inn Express, measured the distance from the hotel to the theme park and clicked on the "reserve now" button. At first I balked at the price, once there though I realized I would be spending less on theme park tickets because the kids would have as much fun at the fun park on site.
The walls could use some extra insulation and the breakfast buffet could use some imagination - but the room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the fun park provided fun for everyone in the family... and wasn't nearly as crowded as Silverwood.
The staff was friendly and accomodating. They provided directions to other sites in town and didn't question my forgetfulness when I took the fun park pass instead of our room key to breakfast.
An on site restaurant would also be nice. The only place within walking distance was a KFC. Overall though - the hotel was a great oasis in seemingly the middle of nowhere.

Room Tip: ask for an upper floor at the end of the hall, that way you don't have to hear footsteps in the...
Edmonton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

I initially had booked this hotel in April 2012 for our stay in August. I checked up on my reservation a few weeks before we left on our holiday only to notice the rate was different ( yes, higher) than what I was quoted. After two phone calls, one to the 1-800 holiday inn number and one to the hotel directly, I was told nothing could be done until I show up there. Nice. That's reassuring. ( Not ) I would like to be assured that the rate I booked ( $239 a night with stay n play package) would be guaranteed to me, instead of the $309 a night they were now showing on my reservation. I called around Coeur D'Alene to look around and potentially have another room ready for me if this one didn't work out. ( I had til 6 to cancel the other room ) Upon my arrival, I discussed this problem and the front desk girl immediately brought out Dick.... the hotel manager. He told me that not only is the rate I've been quoted not currently what they have on their records but that I will not be receiving the 2 King bed Suite as I booked online back in April too. Oh Great... I asked what kind of room WILL i be gettting?? 2 Queen. And it certainly wasnt a suite. It was a room. I asked him if he's going to fix the rate problem and he showed me how if he charges me one night at 309 and the other night at 189 it will balance out. What a gong show. I told him if we can't agree to this rate that I was quoted, BY THEIR HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS website?!?! then I could continue to the next hotel I had on backup. He told me to do whatever I would like. Nice. Nice reassurance that he'd like my business. Ughhh. Anyway, the total price of my two nights stay was similiar to what I was quoted. I think he felt that since we saw the ammenties of the Triple Play park he had us and we were'nt going to go elsewhere. Wrong. If the price wasnt going be be agreed upon, we'd have been in Coeur d'Alene.
However, our room was nice, standard. We had to switch beds with our daughter after the first night ( uncomfortable!) but the room was sufficient. Yes, you have to get to breakfast early, just to get a seat! The line up was lonnng, good thing the olympics were on! Very Very limited selection for those with Celiac Disease. I had to bring down my own cereal and bought a yogurt from Walmart, as Holiday Inn Express ran out and I didnt feel like eating a bruised up banana. Just a suggestion to Holiday Inn.... consider providing a gluten free cereal. Thanks!
Overall, great location and at the time we were there we enjoyed very little crowds over in the waterpark area of Triple play.
Although the room rates are higher than you would normally pay for a HI Express, enjoy the benefits of some good ol' family fun at Triple play and you'll feel like you got your money's worth!

Room Tip: "Book early and bring a print out of your reservation!"
1 Thank Luv2shopAlot
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayden
SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coeur d' Alene
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#11 of 22 in Coeur d'Alene

Been to Triple Play Resort Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!