“A nice hotel and a decent stay but could use some minor improvements”

Triple Play Resort Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hayden
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The Good - The room was a nice size and relatively clean (did notice some cob webs up in the higher ceiling area) Nice high ceiling in room. Nice fridge in room. Newer hotel and is nicely finished. Overall appearance is good. The "not so good" - noisy hall ways and the noise came into the room. better sound control recommended. Noisy b/w rooms - side to side and up/down.
fair quality linens, not the heavy linens that you would see in a high quality hotel. Some of the TV channels did not work in our room. The breakfast was average. A bit pricey at $180.00/night for the quality.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I'm a simple business traveler. I require but four major items to make everything work well for me, in addition to decent customer service:

1) everything works.
2) the high speed internet has to be functional, reliable and fast.
3) safe.
4) clean.

This place went four for four, and everyone was friendly too. I'd stay here again for sure if I had a return engagement to Hayden/Coeur D'Alene.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2012

When I knew we were headed to Silverwood for vacation I started looking at hotels nearby. Most had relatively bad reviews on tripadvisor for one reason or another - bad smells, outdated decor, rude staffs, etc. So, I looked at reviews for the Holiday Inn Express, measured the distance from the hotel to the theme park and clicked on the "reserve now" button. At first I balked at the price, once there though I realized I would be spending less on theme park tickets because the kids would have as much fun at the fun park on site.
The walls could use some extra insulation and the breakfast buffet could use some imagination - but the room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the fun park provided fun for everyone in the family... and wasn't nearly as crowded as Silverwood.
The staff was friendly and accomodating. They provided directions to other sites in town and didn't question my forgetfulness when I took the fun park pass instead of our room key to breakfast.
An on site restaurant would also be nice. The only place within walking distance was a KFC. Overall though - the hotel was a great oasis in seemingly the middle of nowhere.

Room Tip: ask for an upper floor at the end of the hall, that way you don't have to hear footsteps in the...
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I initially had booked this hotel in April 2012 for our stay in August. I checked up on my reservation a few weeks before we left on our holiday only to notice the rate was different ( yes, higher) than what I was quoted. After two phone calls, one to the 1-800 holiday inn number and one to the hotel directly, I was told nothing could be done until I show up there. Nice. That's reassuring. ( Not ) I would like to be assured that the rate I booked ( $239 a night with stay n play package) would be guaranteed to me, instead of the $309 a night they were now showing on my reservation. I called around Coeur D'Alene to look around and potentially have another room ready for me if this one didn't work out. ( I had til 6 to cancel the other room ) Upon my arrival, I discussed this problem and the front desk girl immediately brought out Dick.... the hotel manager. He told me that not only is the rate I've been quoted not currently what they have on their records but that I will not be receiving the 2 King bed Suite as I booked online back in April too. Oh Great... I asked what kind of room WILL i be gettting?? 2 Queen. And it certainly wasnt a suite. It was a room. I asked him if he's going to fix the rate problem and he showed me how if he charges me one night at 309 and the other night at 189 it will balance out. What a gong show. I told him if we can't agree to this rate that I was quoted, BY THEIR HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS website?!?! then I could continue to the next hotel I had on backup. He told me to do whatever I would like. Nice. Nice reassurance that he'd like my business. Ughhh. Anyway, the total price of my two nights stay was similiar to what I was quoted. I think he felt that since we saw the ammenties of the Triple Play park he had us and we were'nt going to go elsewhere. Wrong. If the price wasnt going be be agreed upon, we'd have been in Coeur d'Alene.
However, our room was nice, standard. We had to switch beds with our daughter after the first night ( uncomfortable!) but the room was sufficient. Yes, you have to get to breakfast early, just to get a seat! The line up was lonnng, good thing the olympics were on! Very Very limited selection for those with Celiac Disease. I had to bring down my own cereal and bought a yogurt from Walmart, as Holiday Inn Express ran out and I didnt feel like eating a bruised up banana. Just a suggestion to Holiday Inn.... consider providing a gluten free cereal. Thanks!
Overall, great location and at the time we were there we enjoyed very little crowds over in the waterpark area of Triple play.
Although the room rates are higher than you would normally pay for a HI Express, enjoy the benefits of some good ol' family fun at Triple play and you'll feel like you got your money's worth!

Room Tip: "Book early and bring a print out of your reservation!"
1  Thank Luv2shopAlot
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I would not suggest staying at this hotel unless you want to be surrounded by families with small children who will be attending the Triple Play Family Fun Park. The hotel is nice and features the usual amenities of Holiday Inn Express, but the environment created by the family fun park changes the way the hotel feels quite a bit. At night instead of being quiet we constantly heard children running around all over the hotel making noise. The staff at the front desk appeared to be only teenagers and seemed uninterested in dealing with the noise. When we went down to talk to the staff they had friends visiting them at the hotel and were hanging out at the front desk with friends.

The free morning buffet was insane the next morning. This was a Thursday that we were there and there was a huge crowd and line for the food and absolutely no available tables to sit at. We actually chose to go out for breakfast rather than deal with the crowd.

This environment might be really great for some families and they would really enjoy this, but it was not for us. The rate for one night at this hotel was rather expensive and not worth it in my opinion. The family fun park was neat, but costs additional money and I am not sure we enjoyed the water park anymore than the regular pool that most Holiday Inns have. Just not for us.

2  Thank 2215wls
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Have to second/third the comment about the paper thin walls. The kids and I were woken up at 6am each morning to the sounds of the dad next door bellowing at his kids to "BE QUIET!@!" Rooms were reasonably clean though the shower could have used a little more scrubbing. Location is near a series of strip malls and less than a mile from WalMart. Not near the cute part of Couer D'Alene at all. Waterslides fun for younger kids but anyone over 12 will be bored after an hour or so. Thankfully you can make it up to them by taking them to Boulder Beach at Silverwood. Breakfast was ok. Kids were mesmerized by the pancake machine. Mini golf course uninteresting. Not likely to stay here again. Better options closer to lake for not much more money.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank LillyPBellevue_WA
Reviewed July 22, 2012

As a family we really enjoy visiting this Holiday Inn with the attached indoor waterpark, bowling alley, and fun center. We've been several times and honestly have never had a problem with noise or cleanliness which are very important to me. The free hot breakfast is pretty good as well. Perfect place to stay if you have children!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank powelltnt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayden
SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene
#1 of 1 in Blanchard
Best Western Plus Coeur D'Alene Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Coeur D'Alene
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coeur d' Alene

Been to Triple Play Resort Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!