“A great hidden gem”
Review of Porch Public House

Porch Public House
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Hayden
Reviewed June 24, 2013

A comfortable hidden gem with great food and good service. Tucked between two golf courses this restaurant serves food with skill and taste. Don't expect fancy, but expect to be impressed.

There are newer reviews for Porch Public House

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have been in Hayden Lakes ID for six nights and have eaten here three times. When I first saw this neighborhood place in a neighborhood near several golf courses and lakes, I thought it was typical bar/pub but though that is what it appears to be, the menu is a bit more varied. The first night we had a curry spinach salad with chicken and a dish named Swimming Angel - spinach, chicken, over rice with a great peanut sauce. The second night, we had salmon cakes and Frecnch Dip. Portions are large enought to take some home and both dishes were good the next day.

I like the idea of a nieghborhood restaurant that is not a national chain and even though they own a few other places it in no way is a chain. The residents of this area are lucky to have a place like this - reminds me of the Good Wife in Manchester, Vermont. This would be a good model for a restaurant in many smaller cities/towns so why aren't there more?

Glad we found this - tonight we are getting a repeat of spinach salad and Swimming Angel to go.
The waiter we had the first night - Justin - was a great server and the second night our waitress was also good. Highly recommend to visitors and residents. Too bad we are leaving - severl other dishes we would like to try!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I like The Elk, Moontime, and The Porch, but I think they should add a couple of other items to their menu, it is kind of limited and has been the same forever. I get the 'if its not broke don't fix it", but I recently went with my boyfriend to have a drink and appetizer-and we honestly couldn't decide on any low carb app that sounded good. It was really busy, and loud. I was hoping for a little quieter atmosphere I suppose. I will be back though-I do like the location in Hayden.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Great food, excellent beer selection, nice atmosphere, and good service! Excellent soups, salads, and specials. Try the BBQ quesadilla, swimming angel, and chicken Ceasar soft taco.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

What can I say that has not already been said by all the other reviews about this place. You gotta check this place out if you haven't already been. Great food with a good selection of beers on tap. Next time I'm back in town this will be my go to place for lunch or dinner.