Hotel Petit Palais
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Sorriso(Lido di Venezia)(Great Value!)
$139
Hotel Villa Mabapa(Lido di Venezia)(Great Value!)
$142
$108
Agoda.com
Le Boulevard Hotel(Lido di Venezia)
$168
$140
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Panorama(Lido di Venezia)(Great Value!)
$133
$119
Hotels.com
$430
$304
  • Pool
Venezia 2000 Hotel & Residence(Lido di Venezia)(Great Value!)
$164
$137
Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria(Lido di Venezia)(Great Value!)
$238
$211
Agoda.com
Hotel Giardinetto(Lido di Venezia)(Great Value!)
$177
$154
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Cristallo -- Lido(Lido di Venezia)(Great Value!)
$100
$83
  • Breakfast included
Ca' del Moro Foresteria(Lido di Venezia)
$80
$63
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe busfacing the sealovely hotelscrambled eggs and baconthe hustle and bustlewould return to this hotelcroissantsday ticketstayed here for nightsmain veniceother islandscheap hotelwater taxicontinental breakfastgood sizewould highly recommend this hotelpeace and quiet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 3, 2013

If you book on Orbitz the only room type available is a "standard double". For ~$250 you get a crappy room in the middle of the building with the only window in the room looking directly onto another rooms balcony. They have a fence there to let you know that your access ends at cracking your skinny window. I asked and we had to pay more for an upgrade, which was filthy at 4pm when we got there. We had to wait in the lobby for a half hour for the non-bomb shelter room to be ready. The continental breakfast is the worst I have ever had, and I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express for a year once. The coffee is so horrible I went and bought a thing of instant mix just so we could have something we could injest. Lastly, we came back on a Saturday night at 9pm and were locked out of the hotel. Seriously, we had to sit there and ring the buzzer for 15 minutes just to get in, as the key cards dont work on the outside door. There is no parking and the hotel doesn't own their section of the beach also, so plan on more fees for those should they apply. Might as well book elsewhere and just get a nice room and good service for the extra money you would have to pay should you stay at the Petit Palais.

Room Tip: Better call and request an upgrade or you get stuck in the closet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel with business style rooms. Building is not very promising but the entrance already shows owners were trying to create something modern and simple. We got a famous 306 room and I can't complain, but it was on the small side and very simple so it makes me think what less 'luxurious' rooms are like. I agree with other travellers that view is not that great but I believe it is because of the season. I saw the works on the beach and huts look not the best from the top (sand?) but I always think that if it was sunny and I could actually spend some time on the beach, I would be in heaven. I think it is very good idea to stay there when going to Venice because transport is ridiculously simple yet being away from very touristy town and enjoying the village feel of the area is a bless. We went for four days so only 2 of them we spent in Venice. One day we rented bicycles and went to both ends of lido stopping for refreshments in the local trattorias. It was really relaxing and fun. Everything is very close, there are 2 bus stops around hotel from where you can get to the main mall and the vaporetto stop. We tried 4 restaurants and they were all very good. If there was one thing I would change I would probably buy a pass for 10 trips instead of buying a 3 day travel card - I think it was unnecessary. Once you go to Venice you can walk everywhere so the ticket is just to take you to the city. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends but only those who need a reasonably priced room and great service, not the ones looking to be surprised and amazed.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Magdalena32
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

The room is nice with a balcony and is modern. Location is good can walk or catch bus. The only downfall was the beach was a construction site and could not sit on beach but we still walked on the shore. I would reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The hotel has been very nicely presented on the internet. With new fresh looking rooms and a general air of being a friendly, attractive place. The reality is very different. The owners of the hotel sit at the front desk often, due to lack of staff, and are absolutely the most rude people you could hope to imagine. The rooms of the hotel, except probably the one or two of the most expensive rooms advertised on their site, are dirty. This hotel does not function through the year due to lack of occupancy and when we visited it, it had only recently re opened for the season. The rooms were musty with a strange smell, and very very cold. The heating works well only in a few rooms(if anywhere). For the rest you have make sure you sleep with a couple of layers of woollen on. The breakfast is strictly average. Everything is canned and so tastes synthetic. There are no warm dishes. The wi fi is charged. And the connection is not always stable. Also the location is wonderful, being right on the beach (the only thing working in favor of this hotel), but it is very far away from Venice itself. If your intended destination is Venice and not Lido, then this is definitely not the hotel for you.

Room Tip: The road facing rooms are a mess. Don't even consider accepting those.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank InfiniteOceanFilms
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel was just OK. We went during carnivale, so our hotel choices were limited. This hotel is definitely a SUMMER hotel -- not a winter!! It is right on the beach. We could see all of the cabanas temporarily set up next to the hotel. Would be nice during the summer to go for a swim!
The location is alright. From the main island, this location is easily 30 minutes away. You have to take a water bus from the train station to Lido. This bus takes 40 minutes. (By the way, if you have large luggage, this is quite a journey with the amount of people on the tiny water bus) Also, consider buying the water bus passes to save yourself some money! From Lido's stop, you can either pay 2.50 one way for a bus to take you to the hotel, or you can walk 20 minutes to the hotel.The walk isn't horrible. Lido is a nice area, but there is nothing to do there. It is mostly residential. But again, if you are there in the Summer or Spring, it would be ideal because the beach is right there!
The hotel staff were indifferent. They made no additional effort to ensure that our stay was ideal. We had to leave our key with the front desk every time we left. When we return they would merely give us our key without saying anything.
We were lucky to book online because wi-fi is not free with this hotel. If you book on their website, you get free wi-fi in the room -- which is normall 6 euro an hour!
The breakfast was fine. They give you a free latte, coffee, tea or whatever drink you want which was nice. Nice selection of cheeses, breads and cereal.
Overall, I wouldn't stay at this hotel again because the location was such a drag! It would be a commitment to go to the main island because you knew it would be 30 - 40 minute commute just to get to where you want to go. The staff was nothing special. The rooms were perfectly fine.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple