“I loved it.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of B&B Casa delle Rose

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
B&B Casa delle Rose
“I loved it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

Perfect place to stay for people who like quiet and peaceful accomodation. It felt like home at the villa. Takes ~ 15 min to St. Marco square (if you r under 29 you are able to get a vaporetto 3 day ticket for €22). We stayed at pink and blue rooms. Blue room got its own shower and the WC. Both rooms were really nice. All you need is there( wi-fi, fan, safe box, slipers, bathrobes...). Lido island got a beaches too, in some you can rent a umbrellas and seets, other free for public. Public events on weekends too in island during summer time mouths. Next time We will stay there again. Thank you ;) a lot.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank L1244

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Located on the Lido island, only 15 min by vaporetto to San Marco square, it is a very quiet island with gardens, nice cafes and restaurants nearby. In that B & B you feel just like home, and thanks to our host Stefano who makes us feel comfy. Everything in the B & B is clean and spotless, we really enjoyed our stay. Casa della rose is the place to stay in Venice. If some day we come back to Venice, we hope that Casa della Rose will still be there. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Suwon, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

Casa delle Rose is located on Lido island, 15 min by ACTV boats (operating 24h) from central Venice and an easy 5-10 min walk from the boat station Santa Maria Elisabetta (S.M.E.) on Lido. Although so close to the station, the area is really quiet and green. It is also very close to the main street via Santa Maria Elisabetta and to the beach and about 20 min walk to Palazzo del Cinema.

My Green room had everything from slippers, gown, shampoo and soap to safety deposit box, TV and fan. Only aircon was not in the room but in the corridor, but we could leave doors open for a day to cool down the room (nothing happens there, it is really safe and there are only 4 rooms). For me it was no problem to sleep with a fan anyway. Wi-fi available for free and also there is a PC with a printer for common use.

The shared bathroom was spotlessly clean. Breakfast served family style - everybody sits around a large table. Food was good for me - yogurt, fruits, cheeses, fresh bread, jams etc., but I am a light eater and I can imagine that it could be not enough for some people. But BILLA supermarket is found on the main street as well as many restaurants. It is a good chance to meet nice people and learn something about the surroundings as Stefano the owner comes to serve breakfast every morning. He is not there 24h, but available by phone.

Stefano was more than helpful and friendly, always answering all the questions (he must have heard a hundred times) with a smile. There is no elevator in the building, but he helped me to carry my bags. I arrived earlier than the official check-in hours are, but he gave me keys and put my luggage to my room when it was ready. He also explained in every detail how to find my way around Lido, to go to Venice etc. and provided a map.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at Casa delle Rose and Lido very much, and I am glad I choose it rather than Venice itself. Lido is much more peaceful and in a way atmospheric, it also has canals, but with trees and flowers unlike Venice. I also took a bus (20 min) to go to the picturesque small town of Malamocco and visited a cat sanctuary there. And if you want you can get to main Venice attractions anytime by vaporetto.

If I am to come back to Venice/Lido I will stay here again, thank you Stefano!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

I recently stayed here with my wife and were amazed to find such a beautiful, quaint island less than 10 min by boat from San Marcos square. The island had some of the prettiest streets that I had seen in northern Italy, with blooming gardens and wonderful cafes at every corner. Stefano was very hospitable and made sure that we had a wonderful stay. Although the bathrooms are shared, there are only 2 rooms per bathroom. Breakfasts were very good each morning. We would definitely stay here again! Thanks Stefano.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

Casa delle rose is an excellent accomodation for couples, which want to have some romantic days in venice. comfortably furnished, clean and calm - you feel almost like home. the breakfast was good (even if not comparable to german standards... but germans love breakfast). The location of the B&B is in a nice area of Lido, close to the centre of lido. Public transport to Venice is easy and the boats leave very often. In short... our stay at Casa delle Rose was perfect!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Venice is a strange place. Everything surrounding the airport is pretty horrible. And when you get on a boat from Marco Polo heading towards the islands, most of the islands look awful.

Fortunately, however, when we finally reached a nice looking island, we were relieved to see it was the Lido, where we were staying at the Casa delle Rose.

The Lido is a nice island to stay on and it's where you seem to get the best value for money accommodation if you want to see the City. During the day the Lido is full of life and bustling with shops, restaurants and the beech is good too. Although I must say it is eerily derelict come nightfall.

We soon discovered that it's not worth visiting the City (the island of Venice itself) during the day. It's much, much prettier and more pleasant to wander around during the evening and into the night. So, fortunately, the Lido worked out to be a great place to hang around during the day - particularly for sunbathing on a beech.

The Casa delle Rose is a great B&B situated about 10 minutes walk from where you get the boats to Venice; to the other islands; and also back to the airport.

Actually, the B&B really reminded me of a house I stayed in, in San Francisco. It is a beautiful old apartment - clean and spacious, and there was free WiFi which was very useful for us!

The guy who runs it - Stefano - is incredibly nice, helpful, and he puts on a great breakfast each morning.

We fell in love with Venice and will be back again. And whereas Venice (the island) seems to offer very little in terms of value-for-money accommodation, the Casa delle Rose really delivered. I'm sure we'll stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank animaljazz66
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Excellent location.
Everything promised and more.
Steve the host is of great service.
Our best decision was to stay on Lido Island while in Venice, really calm and beautiful.
We'll be back!!!