“A very GOOD suprise. Excelent value for money”

Ca' del Moro Foresteria
Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in Lido di Venezia
Guimaraes, Portugal
“A very GOOD suprise. Excelent value for money”
Reviewed October 18, 2010

After booking the hotel I thought that the conditions would be the best, regarding the price, but when I got there I was amazed by the quality. It has an Excelent restaurant with very friendly staff, notto mention the 2 pools, fitness room, conference room, tennis courts,....... VERY GOOD INDEAD

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank AfonsoMacedo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Wisbech
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Wev stayed 3 days on a tour of France / Italy - this is more of a sporting hotel - very good facilities if thats what you want. Quiet rooms. Lethargic expensive internet - just 1 English channel again - news - pool was being emptied for the" end of the season" - it was 29C while we were there !
Breakfast adequate if uninspired - great coffee - but no skimmed milk again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2010

We chose this hotel as it had a pool, was close to the Lido beaches and close to the city.

It was very easy to get from the hotel to Venice proper, as both the buses to the port (10 minutes away) and the Vaparetto (water buses) from the port were very frequent. The orange Venice cards were a valuable purchase as they allow unlimited travel on the buses and the Vaporetto. At no point did staying on the Lido feel like a hindrance for visiting the main sights.

The staff were very friendly and seemed happy to speak English. The room was well kept, although a little sterile. We had a nice balcony with loungers and chairs. The pool was great, apart from the first time we went to it to find it was covered in dead insects. Two days later it was fine.

The cafe by the pool serves pretty good food at standard prices. The breakfast was OK, but not great.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ScottJ_London
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 9, 2010

The worst hotel choice of our 2 1/2 week vacation....

The rooms were very basic, the staff had an "I don't care/I don't want to do my job" attitude and the beds were VERY uncomfortable.
Every time we approached the staff about a problem, they made little or no effort to fix the problem. They even shrugged their shoulders and gave us the "what do you want me to do about it" look!!!

Our first issue occurred upon check-in. I requested a "cot (roll-away bed)" in my 2 person room. At first they denied that I made the request. Then they found the request. Then they decided to make up a lie that went something like this "Oh - a cot is a baby bed and we don't have a roll-away bed to give you". We then asked for a 3 person room and they said they had none. My friend that was traveling with me reserved the second night - we asked them if that room was available. They said no. After about 30 minutes they finally "found" a 3 person room that we could stay in for the night. It was the very same room that my friend reserved for the next night!

We went and grabbed some food and drinks that night and arrived back at the hotel around 1am. When we attempted to get in the front door, it was locked! We walked around the building and all of the doors were locked. No hotel key card entry at any of the doors. We had to pound on the door to get somebody to let us in.
Apparently the front desk clerks sleep on the common area couches at night and the only method of entry is to pound on the door. Seriously???

Then we get to our room only to discover that we get to sleep on the world's most uncomfortable beds! All springs.... I swear I slept better on one of the trains on our trip!

I told the front desk clerk in the morning that the beds were very uncomfortable. She shrugged her shoulders and gave me the "what do you want me to do about it" look. She didn't even apologize! This happened several times throughout our stay...

Our 12" TV didn't work in our room. We didn't really care so we never told the staff.

The continental breakfast was decent.
The facilities pool, gym, tennis courts, etc. were nice.

Don't be fooled by the advertisements... the beach is not easily accessible from the hotel. They used to have access (long walk through the property and the adjacent property, but that access is gone. Now you have to walk a mile or so down the road.

On the second night we returned late again....
We had to bang on the door for at least 15 minutes to wake the front desk clerk this time. This guy also had a horrible attitude. You could tell he was not happy about being woken up. Sorry buddy, it's your job!!

The hotel has wireless internet that can be purchased in 30 minute increments. We asked to purchase some internet and this employee told us the internet was not working. My friend had purchased internet earlier and still had remaining credit. He logged on and was able to use the internet. More lies...

We got up to our room only to discover that all of our key cards were not working... Back to the front desk. Back to a grumpy employee.
He ran the key cards through the machine and we went back up to the room. They still didn't work. After several attempts and lots of grumbling from the clerk we were finally back in our room.

I wanted to take a shower, but we couldn't find any towels in our bathroom.
Back to the front desk. Back to a grumpy employee....
At first he wasn't even going to do anything to help me (again I got the "what do you want me to do about it" attitude)! After several cuss words and numerous grumbles, he stomped away to go get us some towels.

Finally a shower and back in my bed for the worst nights sleep ever!
I was bitten my mosquitoes all night long...
In the morning we discovered why - the balcony door has a faulty latch and the door was left cracked open.

This whole time we kept a positive attitude and were very nice to the staff even though our stay was less than enjoyable. I wish I could say the same about the staff at Ca' del Moro...

Do yourself a favor and spend some more money on a quality hotel..... Remember the age old saying.... "you get what you pay for".

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chris B

Travelers are raving about these Lido di Venezia hotels

Germany
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Positives: Nice rooms, clean, spacious, comfortable bed. Nice bathroom. Located on Lido Island, out of the city of Venice, yet easily accessible. Very accessible to Lido Beach, where many local Italians bathe. Accessible to the village of Lido with restaurants and shops. Beautiful tennis courts, nice swimming pool. Very nice weight room, with free weights, machines, and cardio machines. Decent breakfast, Good price.

Negatives: The weight room was not open on Sunday. We arrived late (after midnight), and the hotel was hard to find in the dark. They really need a sign on the side of the road with directions from the bus stop. The night time receptionist was a bit grumpy and not helpful at all.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NYer_in_Germany
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2010

My husband and I wanted to re-visit Venice 23 years after our honeymoon there but we also wanted a pool and beach facilities so this hotel was ideal as we brought our 19 year old daughter and 16 year old son with us on this occasion. The bus service was excellent into Sta Maria Elisabetha. The hotel was very good with facilities that suited our young people - tennis, fitness club, pool. The 2 rooms we occupied were very good, only complaint was that our mini bar fridge did not work but it wasn't a big issue as we did not mention it to the management. The rooms were cleaned regularly to a good standard. The staff were very friendly and I would recommend this hotel to my friends and also stay again - finances permitting as the Venice area is very expensive.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank angelawilkins
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2010

We booked this hotel online and were pleased with the room and the service, the only problem was that it was a little far from the Lido water bus stop. The hotel was fairly easy to get to by bus, although if you are taking the bus for the first time, you should ask the bus driver for the hotel, it's a bit hard to see from the road if you don't know what you're looking for. The pool was lovely, the rooms were clean, and an ant problem that developed on the second day was cleared up immediately when the staff was notified! The staff at the reception were friendly and helpful, and very accommodating. The shuttle bus would have been convenient, if it didn't stop so early. The breakfast was terrible, but it's to be expected of any breakfast in Italy. The bar/restaurant (Comfort Club) out by the pool was nice, but the portion of lasagna was tiny! Be careful when ordering. All in all, a wonderful stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple