We took the train from Bologna to Venice, water bus from Venice to Lido, bus from Lido to Ca' del Moro.
This is more like a resort, rooms in few low rise buildings and are gated. The hotel sign is not obvious and we missed the entrance and took us awhile to locate it on feet with our luggage under big sunny afternoon. Luckily the front desk lady was friendly and helpful. And yes there is swimming pool but there is additional charge if you want to use the swimming pool. Same goes for the WIFI, you have to pay for it and no complimentary tea/coffee in your room.
The room is not great. I went with my hubby and requested for a couple room but we get two single bed instead. The tv is small but what irritated me the most was the main light in the room is wall mounted lamp installed on the cabinet next to the tv and on the same height as the tv, imagine square wall mounted lamp which is equal size with the tv in front of you, I wasn't sure whether i was watching tv or watching the lamp. The shower temperature was the other thing I hated the most. I had got the right water temperature for shower and half way thru I got super hot water from my shower even I didn't do anything to the shower tap!
Breakfast was boring. Nothing hot was provided during breakfast except hot drinks. Cold crosaint and cold ham, I will never want to see them again maybe in few months time.
There is nothing around this hotel within walking distance. Either getting hotel food or hoop into a bus to Lido town for food and drink. You are encourage to get a Venizia Unica which enables you to take unlimited bus and water bus ride.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ca'del Moro's Guest Quarters comprises lots of state-of-the-art sports facilities in a wide green area; here you can relax thanks to sun beds and benches around all around the garden and the swimming pool, usually opened from May to September. There are 8 Tennis Courts (2 of which indoors), 4 small football fields, a swimming pool with bar and a modern gym. Additionally, the Lido island offers a wide range of sports activities and nature excursions just a few minutes by boat from Venice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ca' del Moro Foresteria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ca` Del Moro Foresteria Hotel Venice
- Ca Del Moro Venice
- Ca' Del Moro Foresteria Province Of Venice, Italy