We stayed here for 3 nights.
Really enjoyed the stay, but remember its not a 5* hotel.
Rooms are light and bright, we had a nice balcony, with view over tennis courts, a sun trap. Shower room is clean and has all you need including shower gel, soap, shampoo and soap. Hair dryer and ample towels. TV is no point, as only news Chanel, but you don't go to Venice to watch tv.
Beds were comfiest, and clean. Duvets had seen better days. All the filling had moved to corners, but it was warm enough not to be a problem, but beware if you go in winter. My only small gripe was there was only one plug socket behind a wardrobe, so hard to charge anything.
The grounds are really nice, with little lizards sunning themselves. The pool wasn't opening til 1/6, as weather had been poor, but it looked a nice size. Little restaurant and bar was great for a snack, and drink.
All the staff where really helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. Note though they did struggle for change, so try to take small denomination. Wifi is 5 euros for 1 hour, and signal a little week, but you can use the time in segments, so an hour lasted me 4 days.
We were in block B so didn't meet night watchman.
Breakfasts were ok, plenty of choice of various continental options. Notice board gives daily weather, info re travel cards etc. vending machine with drinks and snacks/sweets available, but take 1 euro coins.
Mini bus runs up til 10.30am for free transit into the town. Otherwise it's the bus, which takes about 20 mins, but can get very busy. Paid about 10 euros for a taxi. Buses and ferries run frequently during the day, and night service runs half hourly. Ferries also get packed, but run constantly. You need to allow an hour door to door from hotel to St Marks Square. It's about 2 mins walk from hotel to bus stop. You can also hire bikes.
Plenty of places to eat in town centre, but no where really close. Supermarket, shops, chemist, and bars there too, just opposite ferry stop.
If you are looking for a quiet, cheap base in Venice this is a great option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ca'del Moro's Guest Quarters comprises lots of state-of-the-art sports facilities in a wide green area; here you can relax thanks to sun beds and benches around all around the garden and the swimming pool, usually opened from May to September. There are 8 Tennis Courts (2 of which indoors), 4 small football fields, a swimming pool with bar and a modern gym. Additionally, the Lido island offers a wide range of sports activities and nature excursions just a few minutes by boat from Venice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ca' del Moro Foresteria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ca` Del Moro Foresteria Hotel Venice
- Ca Del Moro Venice
- Ca' Del Moro Foresteria Province Of Venice, Italy