“Perfect place for stay in Lido di Venezia”
Review of Hotel Sorriso

Hotel Sorriso
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Lido di Venezia
Prague
“Perfect place for stay in Lido di Venezia”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Hotel Sorriso was very nice from the exterior and inside looks very modern and new also. Moreover the hotel is in a good location (not in really busy city center in quieter part) near of the bus stops,restaurants, small shops and close to beach.

I was glad for such a nice welcome from the gentleman on the reception and he gave me a good advises about the public transport, restaurants and beaches or tips to places what I should visit. There is very friendly staff and you can feel a kind of family atmosphere. They´re helpful and informed.

I came to visit my friend there, so I stayed for 4 nights in hotel Sorriso and I had such a nice single room, with comfortable bed, LCD TV, air condition and pretty bathroom. The room was every time clean. The view from the room
wasn´t awesome (i had view to court- the others rooms has a view to elementary school) but in my case it was calm and without noise.

The breakfasts are tasty and good for the level of the hotel - just simple breakfast (croissants, müsli,yogurts, cheese, ham, fruit salad, bread and so on), maybe the room where the breakfasts are served could look better with some pictures on the wall, some quiet music, flowers or open windows- then the mornings can be for guest nicer. And one more thing, breakfasts are very busy sometimes, so it´s necessary to be patient, because there is only one waitress and one lady in kitchen and it´s better to come on the breakfast earlier.

In this hotel is available free wi-fi, but you have to ask for the new login and password every time (it´s kind of Italian law about the internet in hospitality).

In my opinion the hotel is great, for the value too by the way. I can really recommend it and when I visit Venice in the future, for sure I gonna stay in hotel Sorriso. I just enjoyed it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank IvulkaPrague

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Our stay here was a mixed experience.

The good: Clean rooms with air con, friendly and informative staff, very near the beach, free wifi (be sure to ask for a password for each member of your party as each password is only valid for one device at a time).

The bad: We were not given any bath towels, had to ask three times for extra pillows before getting any, our bed was two (very hard) singles pushed together causing large mattress down the middle of the bed, and the breakfast was terribly (packet croissants and tinned fruit salad).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ShelbyFrootcake
Venice
Reviewed June 22, 2012

the hotel was fantastic.very clean room, the staff were nice and helpful.hotel is very close beautiful beach.i can recomend that hotel

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

4 Thank Dominik S
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Just come back from a short stay in Lido with my partner. The hotel is not a luxurious hotel but was nice and clean and the staff at the front desk were really helpful and friendly on a couple of occassions. It's location is good, you might need to get a bus to get to the waterbus stop but the bus stop is literally 1 min away and there is a very regular service...maybe we were lucky but I dont think we waited more than 5 minutes for a bus going to or from the hotel.

Taxi from the waterbus stop cost us 10 euros which maybe advised when you have luggage as the busses can be quite crammed plus Venice in general is expensive so on the whole that 10 Euros seemed good value but without luggage the busses are great plus on Lido there only seems to be one or two main roads so once you have found your bearings it would be hard to get too lost (something I usually do on holidays) but the hotel was stop 7/12 I think or just after a garage and at the roundabout.

Back to the hotel... the rooms were actually quite big, and I slept soundly each night so the bed was fine (or else I was worn out from endlessly walking around Venice); there is no fridge but we were told the tap water was fine to drink so that was fine and we got some bottles of water from the supermarket. Think the hotel sell bottles at a reasonable price.

We did spend a couple of hours at the 'private beach' which cost us 20 euros for two deck chairs and an umbrella. Not sure if guests are allowed the sun loungers or if they cost more but when the missus tried to use an empty sun lounger this seemed to upset a couple of Italian old ladies who grassed us up to the beach attendant. When he arrived I asked if we could have a lounger instead of one deck chair and he said something about checking at the office and then he never came back. Not really a beach person myself and seeing as the beach on Lido lacks topless women and has a propensity for Italian men in Speedos it wasnt that exciting for me - for the gf dont think she liked sunbathing on a deck chair so we didnt really stay at the beach more than an hour.

Think the beach is the only thing I can find fault with the hotel for. For Venice it is a reasonably priced hotel and to be honest its location on Lido gets you out of the total hustle and bustle that is the tourist rammed Venice. Lido itself is pretty and has some nice coffee shops, bars and some places to eat which are a bit cheaper than on the main Venice bit plus there is a supermarket which is useful to stock up on bits from - water at the supermarket for a big bottle cost us about 30 cents - near the main square when I was dehydrating I paid 3 euros for a bottle the same size!

The breakfast was fine - Only bothered with it once but had a cup of coffee and chocolate croissant thingy which set me up for the day of endless walking in circles but seemed to have cereals and other stuff - not really a brekkie person but it seemed adequate.

It is not a luxury hotel but it doesnt claim to be but it is a really nice no frills base for a short stay in Venice and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank James R
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed at hotel Sorriso and rented 3 rooms for our family. They were all simple, clean and functioning. Putting up a third bed for our smallest child was not a problem at all. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful.

Be aware that the hotel does not have a beach and that the public beach is 20 minutes walk (at least) away. The beaches next to the hotel are private and you have to rent a beach chair for 30 Euros a day. The water-bus / valporetto landing place is also quite far away. You have to take a bus to get there (which is easy and runs every 10 min).

The airconditioning did not work very well in all three rooms and the breakfast was really really bad (instant coffee, no tea, bread that was reheated and not enough food for everyone). Best grab a croissant (if you can get one) and have an espresso at a cafe.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family