“Lovely stay”

Residence Le Ville del Lido
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Lido di Venezia
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

If you're planning a trip to Lido this is the place to stay!
Very close to everything you need whether it be the beach or the water taxi services!
The staff helped me find good restaurants in the area.
The rooms were clean but on the smaller side (this could be forgiven as it is Europe after all)

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Aidanrose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
cleveland
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed at the Le Ville Del Lido for 4 nights. We really liked the location near the beach and 10 minutes walking to the waterbus station to go to Venice. The rooms are reasonably up to date and include a kitchen. The bathrooms are a bit small. We were surprised that there was no TV in the bedroom, although there was a little 19” TV in the kitchen that worked occasionally. The WiFi was too weak and could not be used in our room. The hotel is 2 minutes from the public beach entrance, but let the staff direct you to the private beach access that they have with another hotel 10-15 minutes way (walking) that was quite nice. The front desk is only open from 8 am to 8 pm. This created some issues for checkout as we had an early flight and the staff wanted us to appear in person to check out on their schedule on the previous afternoon when we planned to be in Venice. Overall, the staff was very nice. Despite the few concerns above, it was a good value for the area and allowed us to have easy access to Venice as well as the beach.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed here in mid-May for two nights. Main reasons we chose to stay here were we didn't want to pay Venice prices, and we needed parking for our station wagon.
Getting to the location wasn't as difficult as I initially thought. We simply drove to Tronchetto, paid the fees for the car, and hopped on their vehicle ferry. Only a 30 minute journey had us arrive at the ferry port in Lido. From there it's only a ten minute drive through some gorgeous neighborhoods.
Front desk staff was very helpful and were fluent in English.
Our room was quiet, spacious, and clean.
It's only about a 20 minute walk from the hotel to the pedestrian ferry. Easy 20 minute ride to St. Marks.
Ferries leave Lido regularly for the other islands too (we decided to enjoy ourselves on Burano on one of our day trips)
I would certainly stay here again.

2 Thank Squawk7600
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed at this hotel Thursday 29th May- Sunday 1st June and I have nothing but positive things to say about my experience with this hotel not only during our stay but with assistance before we even arrived.

I organised a trip to Le ville del lido suite residence for my sister's hen party- I didn't tell the hotel we were a hen party as we certainly were not going to be the rowdy group that would be expected with this and wanted to enjoy this beautiful hotel which evidently is a place of relaxation (not suitable for a hen party who would want to be loud/ drinking all day etc which we knew we didn't want to be).

As there were 12 of us I wanted to organise activities such as cocktail making and a nice restaurant to have a meal and Davide one of the members of staff helped us with emails back and forth for several days organising a table at the Gran Viale restaurant (lovely food) and cocktail making at Refresh Kiosk (fantastic little kiosk outside the hotel with friendly and helpful staff and cocktails for only 5 euro!)

The hotel arranged upon my request a Prosecco reception for arrival next to the pool (bottle of Prosecco only 15 euro fantastic bargain) and this really set the tone for the rest of our stay.

The pool area is idyllic, with plenty of sun beds and a lovely spa section. It is peaceful and relaxing exactly what we were looking for.

The rooms are large enough- we had two downstairs rooms with private gardens and one upstairs with a balcony (I would call it a roof terrace.) The décor is traditional venetian so may not be to some people's taste if you want modern furnishings etc but I personally thought it was perfect for getting a true feel of Italy. When I return (which I definitely want to) I would request a downstairs room as the private gardens are lovely to relax in after a busy day in Venice.

We didn't eat at the hotel and didn't have breakfast so I cannot comment on the food but there a lot of restaurants on the Lido so if I returned I would still choose to eat out and the local supermarket is nice and cheap so you can bottles of Prosecco for 6 euros and beautiful croissants to enjoy in your room.

To me Lido di Venezia is the perfect location to stay when visiting Venice- it was starting to get more lively towards the end of our stay as the beach officially opens the beginning of June but even with more people it still had an air of tranquillity which is perfect after a busy day in Venice.

When I return to the Lido I will definitely return to this hotel- it is suitable for couples, families and groups who are wanting somewhere peaceful to be based to visit Venice. The staff could not be more helpful and the hotel is beautiful.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms have beautiful private gardens with table, seats and umbrella.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stephanie5678
cardiff
Reviewed May 28, 2014

After a busy day seeing the sights of Venice,it was lovely to come back to relax on the Lido.The apartments were lovely,both spacious and well equipped.The staff were excellent,and very helpful in suggesting lovely local restaurants.The food on the Lido was of a high standard.I especially appreciated the swimming pool with plenty of loungers.

Room Tip: All apartments of a high standard.
Westcliff-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We visited this hotel from 19th May to the 23rd May 2014. We were very excited that our room not only had a separate lounge and kitchen area but also (being on the ground floor) had a door out onto a patio area with chairs and a table with an umbrella, in what felt like our own private garden area, seconds from the pool! What surprised us most about this hotel was the peace, especially in the mornings. Normally you hear house-keeping banging around outside but not here... you wake naturally, to silence - perfect! Then, whilst you're out, enjoying the sights of Venice, the cleaning fairies do their magic and you return to a tidied suite once more. The bed was incredibly comfy and we both slept extremely well!

The hotel is a little walk to the Vaporetti so I wouldn't recommend it for younger children; but for teenagers, it would be perfect. We bought the 7 day bus pass which worked out cheaper than buying separate tickets all week long (it's only 3 water bus stops from St Mark's square - we got off at S. Zaccaria stop every morning/afternoon). We travelled into Venice daily but really enjoyed lazing by the pool either in the mornings or afternoons. I would recommend that you take tea or coffee with you as there are none provided which we really missed first thing in the morning! Also the hairdryer (for us ladies with long hair) was a little weak so I'm glad I took my own.

We didn't have the breakfast, we found this a little pricey at 20 euros per person, per morning. We went out for breakfast and saved ourselves some money! The price of the other food there is very reasonably priced but basic, with limited choice (we paid 7.50 euros for a large pizza with double ham and it was yummy)! The house wine was cheaper than the soft drinks so it's a good excuse to indulge yourself! The staff there were all wonderful, as many of the other reviews have already stated. Also the pool towels (also provided at no extra cost) were really fluffy! The deserted beach and the Adriatic sea is just across the road!

Everywhere is so looked after and clean. It really is a very loved hotel! Overall we had a wonderful time and didn't want to leave!

Paris, France
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had been in Venice once and stayed on the Islands, so this time we decided to stay on Lido. The apartments was lovely, and decorated very nicely. Our first night we were unfortunately plagued by mosquitos as the cleaning staff had left the windows open. The front desk staff was very understanding the next morning and I am glad to say that we did not have a repeat of the problem.

Breakfast was included with our stay. We all enjoyed the breakfast choices. The chocolate croissant was a family favorite and my kids really enjoyed both the hot drink and the juice machine. There were plenty of options that were very nice. I would love to come back and stay in the summer. The hotel is situated ideally close to the beach. The pool was under repair but looked like it would be fun for the kids as well.

I would definitely go back and stay again. I was worried that our location near the door to the building would be noisy with traffic, I am happy to say that it was not. I would recommend that the hotel upgrade the TV. It was the most disappointing part of the apartment, luckily we were not there to watch the TV!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family