All reviewsbroadway travelwater busscrambled eggscroissantsminute walktreviso airportgrand canalmini barplenty of storagenight breaklido islandmarco polo airportshort breakcomfortable hotelbars and restaurantscity breakthree nights
Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here on a travel zoo deal. The hotel was good for the price. Beds were fine for the 4 nights, pillows could've been softer (but that's personal preference). Staff on reception were always friendly. Breakfast staff not the most talkative. Breakfast was fine if you like a continental one. The hot food was not great, we didn't eat this. I was able to fill up on yoghurt, croissant and fruit.
Like I said it's good for the price. There is a little bar/cafe down the side street next to the cinema that does good pizza and strong drinks, very friendly. Enjoy

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2017

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary and choose to visit La Boulevard for that occasion. It was the right decision. All staff from receptionists: Luca, Roberto and Simon, kitchen staff, cleaning ladies... was so friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. They are all great asset to the hotel.
Before going on the trip we booked return transfer from Marco Polo airport to Lido by Alilaguna (€25 per person) and VeneziaUnica City Pass for 3 days, although two day pass would be sufficient (€40 per person).
Hotel location is great. It is in the middle of Lido's main street, 2 minutes from Vaporetto, surrounded by restaurants, with Italian Coop superstore just across the road.The hotel is ideal to explore Venice without having crowded surrounding during the night.
Room we had was so nice, with big bathroom, classic style furniture, very quiet, very warm and with really, really great view. It was spotlessly clean with bed sheets replaced daily.
Breakfast was good. There is a restaurant in the hotel as well as classical lounge to enjoy.

Thank you La Boulevard. We will come again.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Novicic
Reviewed December 12, 2017

Well we paid £139 from Travelzoo for a 3 night break staying at this hotel. Nice quiet place Lido but I would prefer staying on Venice. Took the airport bus (water boat) from the airport costing 27 Euro return. (Bought at the airport when we arrived) along with a 2 day pass for the water buses at 30 Euro. All bought at the same kiosk. Very easy once you have fathomed it out. Old hotel, but for the money we cannot complain. Only thing I would give as a negative is our shower (over the bath) was at the side of the bath, not the unusal at the top of the bath. Not much room and the water trickled out. Breakfast was fine for us, we dont eat cooked, they should just have continental. Croissants just out the oven in the oven were wonderful.
I have to thank the girl who cleaned our room and found my ipad, cover, glasses and small portable charger ! Yes nearly had a heart attack at the airport when I realised !! Anyway once I got over the shock I was just delighted they had it and I have paid a courier 100 Euros to get it back to me.
Thank you.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2017

Very good value for money, booked a real cheepie with 3 nights BnB, the room was small and clean but ample storage and facilities fine.
Good location but its on the Lido so you need the water bus everywhere and need to be up for being out sight seeing all day.
Breakfast wasn't disappointing at our price but not very good, bacon was as bad as I have ever seen and the scrambled egg and diced sausage was awful in my opinion and really a waste of time they should just stay continental, fruit, yogurt, toast and coffee were fine though and for what we paid to stay here you couldn't expect the Waldorf. Need to remember Im reviewing the Hotel not Venice and I would defo go back there at these prices.
Boat from Airport direct to the Lido with a three minute walk to the hotel was worth the extra couple of quid rather than mucking about with buses etc.

Room Tip: Sorry just took what I got and it was fine at budget price..
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2017

We secured a remarkably cheap deal from Travelzoo which included flights and three nights B&B at Le Boulevard. As value for money this was exceptional.

We visit Venice at least once a year, usually renting an apartment. Cheap deals to 'Venice' often include an hotel in Mestre, on the mainland near to Venice. We would never stay there. The Lido is better than Mestre, but still not Venice.

Venice is unique and magical. The lack of traffic, the architecture and pedestrian experience are, for us, why we return year after year.

Getting to the Lido is easy (about an hour) using the Alilaguna boat service from Marco Polo airport. Buy a ticket when you get there.

Not so simple if you fly into Treviso airport - which we only did once.

This hotel is a very short walk from the vaparetti stops where the boats arrive at the Lido. Beware there is traffic, and many buses. There are plenty of shops, cafes and restaurants surrounding the property. Plenty to look at on a stroll.

The welcome at reception was efficient and polite. A small, slightly rickety elevator took us to our second floor room - we walked up and down when without suitcases.

The room was small, no armchairs, a safe if you paid and a view of nothing in particular.The free wifi is very good.

The bathroom was small but good enough, although the toilet had problems flushing. The bathtub was designed to use as little water as possible which made it uncomfortable to use.

The room was over heated and the controls didn't work so we slept with the window open, on top of the bedclothes.

Breakfast was included in the deal. It was of very average quality. Coffee was from a machine, cooked was fairly unpleasant and the 'fruit juice. was machine mixed from a concentrate. Each day we ate less and less.

We enjoyed a spritz in the empty hotel bar but they refused to let me charge them to my room, despite having insisted on taking my credit card details at check in.

All in all OK - but you won't bump into George Clooney at Le Boulevard.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple