All reviews broadway travel water bus scrambled eggs croissants minute walk treviso airport grand canal mini bar plenty of storage night break lido island marco polo airport short break comfortable hotel bars and restaurants city break three nights
Reviewed December 12, 2017

Well we paid £139 from Travelzoo for a 3 night break staying at this hotel. Nice quiet place Lido but I would prefer staying on Venice. Took the airport bus (water boat) from the airport costing 27 Euro return. (Bought at the airport when we arrived) along with a 2 day pass for the water buses at 30 Euro. All bought at the same kiosk. Very easy once you have fathomed it out. Old hotel, but for the money we cannot complain. Only thing I would give as a negative is our shower (over the bath) was at the side of the bath, not the unusal at the top of the bath. Not much room and the water trickled out. Breakfast was fine for us, we dont eat cooked, they should just have continental. Croissants just out the oven in the oven were wonderful.
I have to thank the girl who cleaned our room and found my ipad, cover, glasses and small portable charger ! Yes nearly had a heart attack at the airport when I realised !! Anyway once I got over the shock I was just delighted they had it and I have paid a courier 100 Euros to get it back to me.
Thank you.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2017

Very good value for money, booked a real cheepie with 3 nights BnB, the room was small and clean but ample storage and facilities fine.
Good location but its on the Lido so you need the water bus everywhere and need to be up for being out sight seeing all day.
Breakfast wasn't disappointing at our price but not very good, bacon was as bad as I have ever seen and the scrambled egg and diced sausage was awful in my opinion and really a waste of time they should just stay continental, fruit, yogurt, toast and coffee were fine though and for what we paid to stay here you couldn't expect the Waldorf. Need to remember Im reviewing the Hotel not Venice and I would defo go back there at these prices.
Boat from Airport direct to the Lido with a three minute walk to the hotel was worth the extra couple of quid rather than mucking about with buses etc.

Room Tip: Sorry just took what I got and it was fine at budget price..
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2017

We secured a remarkably cheap deal from Travelzoo which included flights and three nights B&B at Le Boulevard. As value for money this was exceptional.

We visit Venice at least once a year, usually renting an apartment. Cheap deals to 'Venice' often include an hotel in Mestre, on the mainland near to Venice. We would never stay there. The Lido is better than Mestre, but still not Venice.

Venice is unique and magical. The lack of traffic, the architecture and pedestrian experience are, for us, why we return year after year.

Getting to the Lido is easy (about an hour) using the Alilaguna boat service from Marco Polo airport. Buy a ticket when you get there.

Not so simple if you fly into Treviso airport - which we only did once.

This hotel is a very short walk from the vaparetti stops where the boats arrive at the Lido. Beware there is traffic, and many buses. There are plenty of shops, cafes and restaurants surrounding the property. Plenty to look at on a stroll.

The welcome at reception was efficient and polite. A small, slightly rickety elevator took us to our second floor room - we walked up and down when without suitcases.

The room was small, no armchairs, a safe if you paid and a view of nothing in particular.The free wifi is very good.

The bathroom was small but good enough, although the toilet had problems flushing. The bathtub was designed to use as little water as possible which made it uncomfortable to use.

The room was over heated and the controls didn't work so we slept with the window open, on top of the bedclothes.

Breakfast was included in the deal. It was of very average quality. Coffee was from a machine, cooked was fairly unpleasant and the 'fruit juice. was machine mixed from a concentrate. Each day we ate less and less.

We enjoyed a spritz in the empty hotel bar but they refused to let me charge them to my room, despite having insisted on taking my credit card details at check in.

All in all OK - but you won't bump into George Clooney at Le Boulevard.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KevinTurvey
Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

Lovely hotel and definitely not dated or tired. It's decorated in an antiquated way with character. Very clean. Lovely rooms with a very decent bathroom. The rooms are a tad warm but open a window. Staff amongst the friendliest I've ever come across. Breakfast more than adequate. Short ride on water taxi to Saint Mark's Square. Would certainly stay here again if I came back to Venice. Plenty of places to chose from in evening. And though hotel bars shuts at 9 there are bars outside to have a drink in

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tracey F
Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

Good location if you’re looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of Venice. Ten minute water bus ride from the centre of San Marco for all of the main attractions.

Room was big, spacious, clean and tidy with a mini bar unfortunately no coffee making facilities.

I wouldn’t class this as a 4* by British standards but met our needs for a 4 day trip.

Breakfast enough to choose from if you’re not fussy. Scrambled eggs and bacon, typical European standard not like great back Bacon but edible. Same for the sausages. Cereals, yogurt, croissants, fruit, selection of cold meats and cheese. Enough choice to set you up for the day if you don’t want to be stung by high prices in Venice.

Didn’t use the mini bat in the room as expensive instead bought a bottle of wine for 4 Euro in the supermarket next door. Quite deceiving as hidden in the back of a clothes shop!

Luca on reception particularly helpful gave precise information when asked a really pleasant gentleman.

On Lido plenty of restaurants and a few late night bars to choose from or a bottle of wine in the evening and Netflix to plan the following day!!

One small piece of advice. If you have multiple smart phones/tablets to charge take a multiway usb charger as only a few plug sockets in the room.

All in all a great stay no complaints. If I were to return to Venice for another trip I wouldn’t hesitate to do the same.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple