All reviewsbroadway travelwater busscrambled eggscroissantsminute walktreviso airportgrand canalmini barplenty of storagenight breaklido islandmarco polo airportshort breakcomfortable hotelbars and restaurantscity breakthree nights
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We had the misfortune of staying in this hotel for 3 nights in May, 2012 and the overall experience was a nightmare.

We booked a double economy room at Le Boulevard, Lido through hotels.com paying $370 for 3 nights. On arrival, we were greeted by 2 of the most unfriendly receptionist, who almost made us realize that they owned the place and we were staying there for free! The allotted room was in the remote corner of 4th floor. It was extremely small and looked more like an attic with ceiling barely high enough to accommodate the head of a 5'6" tall person. The furniture was cheap and old. There was only one small window, that might give a glimpse of outer world if you try hard to stand on your toes or stand on a chair while managing to protect your head from being hit by the ceiling. Bathroom was small but clean and had a bath tub without a hint of shower curtain to prevent water from spilling over the floor..! When I called the reception to check if there was any other room available that at least had a shower curtain, I was promptly turned down by a rude voice: "This is what you get for an economy room in this hotel. Do not worry about spilling water on the floor, we will give you more towels to wipe the floor." 5 minutes later, the bellboy showed up on the door asking if I needed more towels! When I said I might need some of them in case the floor gets wet, he entered the room and mockingly said there were already towels in the bathroom and I did not need any more.

It was extremely hot in the room and the air-conditioner was not working. When I called the reception about this, I was told that it would not work as they had the remote control for the AC. "There is a law in Venice that you can not turn on the AC before tomorrow morning." Frustrated by this time, I asked them to provide me a copy of this strange municipality law. There was a pause for few seconds, and then the receptionist said that in fact, the law permits you to have air-conditioning tonight as well and he will send somebody with the remote control! After this much of argument, we were able to have the air-conditioner working in this supposedly 4 star hotel room.! The hotel staff denied to provide me a copy of the municipality law despite of multiple requests and stated that I should look it up on my own on internet for which they were charging 5 Euros/hour. I did not find any such law existing in Venice on detailed web search.

The next three days, we spent with the bitter feelings of facing these rude receptionists again and again, fighting with the shower tub and spilling water, mopping the floor with towels and sleeping in that dungeon.

The good things about the hotel are its location in beautiful Lido and good breakfast. Our stay in Venice could be more pleasant if we had a bit more courteous staff with at least honest and respectful explanation of their limitations. The hotel would qualify for at the most a 2 or 3 star rating from US standards and the overall comfort level was even inferior to a cheap roadside motel in US.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Pankaj G
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Not a 4 star, not even close... The classic room was TINY! The lamp had an ugly brown stain on it. The washroom was clean but not a pleasant washroom. The room was noisy because of the tubes running in the walls.

An outrageous fee of 5 Euros/hr for internet!

The only thing that was decent is that the breakfast and the fact that the price is lower than staying in actual Venice.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Hotel located at the Lido island and is about 30 mins boat ride from the main train station in Venice. The hotel is about 300m away from the ferry jetty and is located beside a supermart and there are a few nice restaurant a short walk from the hotel.

small room with clean bathroom. no free wifi. There's an elevator in this hotel and the staff are helpful. Breakfast buffet was good.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed for 4 days, the hotel is not a 4 star, but maybe a 3, but its a lovley hotel, the staff were very very helpful, nothing was too much trouble, the rooms were clean, the breakfast perfectly adequate, its a few minutes walk from the vaporetta, and ferries, i would fully reccomend it to anyone, I too reccomend buying the 72hr pass with the airport transfer, online from venice connected, also get the secret itinary tour round the doges palace, this was very interesting, and gets you into places the ordinary tours dont,

Room Tip: rooms at sides are a little noisy in the morning, but i was too tired to be woken but my husband was,
1  Thank patti l
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My boyfriend found this online and after staying at the hotel for two nights we greatly enjoyed it. We came to venice by train from Rome and took a water taxi to Lido island. It was very easy to do this, and the hotel is very centrally located on the island. The hotel was very nice and clean. We had a very large bathroom too. Breakfast was one that was buffet, but us being a younger couple we didn't mind it at all. Getting to the mainland was a little expensive, I think about 13 euro each. However it was nice to go back and relax on a quieter island at night. I would greatly recommend this. For the price its a great, friendly and very clean hotel.