Prepaid in advance through booking website without breakfast included. Upon check-in, staff demanded 8euro more per person per day for what she claimed was a mandatory breakfast.
I rang the booking agency, and they confirmed the breakfast was optional. Then the hotel backed down, but without apology. But arguing with staff is not what you want, as your start to a romantic weekend in Venice.
Additionally, there was no shower curtain, and the bathroom became needlessly messy as a result.
The "free" internet is only free for 15 minutes, and becomes very expensive threafter (2EUR for another 15 mins, 3EUR for 30 mins etc.). And it was not available in the rooms, seemingly only in the lobby.
On the plus side, the interior is nicely decorated, and the room was larger than expected.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel La Meridiana is situated in the worldly centre of the Venice Lido . You can reach St. Mark's square, Venice centre, in 20 minutes by boat.Also Hotel La Meridiana is 100 mt from the beach and only 500 mt from Venice congress palace and Film Festival Palace. Many sports are available on Lido island.You can book your holiday in this cheap Venice Hotel ; the Hotel La Meridiana is open all year long.Also you can rent bicycles to go around Venice Lido and visit the famous Golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel La Meridiana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo La Meridiana Venice
- Albergo La Meridiana Hotel Venice
- Hotel La Meridiana Province Of Venice, Italy