I stayed at the Hotel Excelsior for 8 nights during early July 2014. The hotel has many positives and some negatives but if you want to go to Venice but be away from the hustle and bustle of the city on a gorgeous stretch of the Adriatic, this is the hotel for you, but be prepared to spend. Let's begin with the positives: the customer service. The customer service at this hotel is phenomenal. They have a team of five women at the front desk who will help you with absolutely everything and put on a smile while doing it. For instance, I wanted to visit Verona for the day. The women at the front desk set everything up and answered every question I had. The customer service at the Excelsior is impeccable. The rooms were also quite nice, I had booked the smallest sized room in the hotel but yet there was ample closet space, a sizable 4 piece bathroom and more than enough living space. The pool at the excelsior is also very nice and large. If you do choose to stay here, select breakfast with your package, as the breakfast is very large and for the most part, very good. depending on who you are the location is a positive or a negative. It was nice to be away from hot and sweaty Venice and there was a free shuttle service to and from venice every half hour. The problem is going anywhere other than San Marco. The airport, train station, and other islands all require a separate shuttle. However, for those wanting to go to Murano, a glass company charters a boat and the ride is free. The negatives include: lunch and dinner at the hotel. The prices for lunch and dinner are astronomically high (9 Euro for a Diet Coke) and the meals are mediocre at best. The beach is fine (Not like the Caribbean, North Americans!) but the cabana rental is 200 Euro and 80 Euro for every additional chair (2 chairs included), this makes visiting the beach very inconvenient. But, there are more positives. On the Lido, the hotel is in a very good location, walking distance from better restaurants, a tennis club, and close to the bus stop for easy travel all over the island. The hotel itself was built over 100 years ago and it is a beautiful, historical hotel. It has undergone many renovations and has every modern convenience. Overall, I would recommend staying here under two criterion: Be Prepared to Spend, or leave the property, and be okay with the fact that you are on a beach resort that HAPPENS to be near to Venice. be prepared to visit Venice only once or twice on your trip. I wouldn't recommend that Americans and Canadians stay here though, you will be disappointed that the beach is not like the Caribbean and most of us come to Europe for the culture, not resort style living. I can't speak for Europeans but it seemed that most Europeans were very happy with the beach and content not being close to Venice. Most of the time on the boat to Venice, it was just Americans and Canadians. Overall, the trip at the Excelsior was an amazing one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located right on Venice Lido beach, the Hotel Excelsior is a masterpiece of Venetian architecture dating back to the early 1900. An exclusive 5 star Deluxe Resort, of Moorish style and recalling a fabulous Venetian Renaissance palace, the Hotel Excelsior is ideal for family holidays, romantic getaways, conferences or special events in Venice.Stunning halls overlooking the sea, highly creative, contemporary Italian cuisine and competent, skilled staff, become ingredients of the hotel’s recognition and awareness among the best wedding and special events locations. Welcome to the Hotel Excelsior, for more than one century the best match of luxury, history, tradition with comfort and service, carefully built around you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Excelsior Venice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Excelsior Venice Lido Hotel
- Westin Venice
- Venice Westin
- Hotel Excelsior Venice Province Of Venice, Italy