My wife and I stayed here in August 2013 and were impressed from the beginning. The Excelsior is not in Venice but on the island of Lido just off the shore of Venice. The hotel ran a complimentary water taxi service to St Marks Square every half hour for those who wanted to visit. Arriving at the hotel, your luggage is whisked away later to be found in your room. The entrance is a red carpet stairway to the reception area where the registration clerks were very professional friendly and helpful. We ate a very good lunch on the terrace and were waited on by a great wait staff. Our interaction with the entire staff made you feel like a special guest. They have a beautiful beach were we rented a cabana. The beach was not crowded and the few private venders that came by added some charm and were polite and respectful. We stayed in one of the smaller rooms and by typical hotel room standards it was almost a suite. The only negative thing about the room is that the air conditioner never seemed to cool the room enough for us, but then we were looking for 60 degrees F (15.5 C). We asked for a fan and found a large floor fan in our room when we returned. That made the difference. We ordered ice from room service and it was only 2 minutes before it arrived. My wife wanted a pedicure but their salon was closed, so the concierge called in someone to do it. They were preparing for the Film Festival while we were there and had a lot of construction on the beach, but it never interfered with our stay. I could say a lot more but you get the idea, "We like it!"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its unique beachfront location overlooking the sparkling Adriatic Sea, the five-star Hotel Excelsior Venice is uniquely positioned to offer guests a tranquil haven just 15-minutes from Venice on one of our courtesy boats. Located on the fashionable Venice Lido beach, Excelsior was built in 1908 and quickly became the ultimate destination for the world’s rich and famous. Today, Hotel Excelsior, with its unique Moorish architecture and enviable beach location, continues to offer guests the same five-star elegance and splendour that has been enjoyed for more than 100 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Excelsior Venice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Excelsior Venice Lido Hotel
- Westin Venice
- Venice Westin
- Hotel Excelsior Venice Province Of Venice, Italy