If you decide to stay at the Lido (thus experiencing a totally different Venice experience), this is the place to choose.
I loved being right on the (very well kept) beach.
Please be aware that the trip to the Venice centre is quite long, and public transportation is not easily accessible (there is a free hotel shuttle, however) -- this hotel is ideal if you just want to relax, but it is not convenient if you plan to visit Venice's attractions!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its unique beachfront location overlooking the sparkling Adriatic Sea, the five-star Hotel Excelsior Venice is uniquely positioned to offer guests a tranquil haven just 15-minutes from Venice on one of our courtesy boats. Located on the fashionable Venice Lido beach, Excelsior was built in 1908 and quickly became the ultimate destination for the world’s rich and famous. Today, Hotel Excelsior, with its unique Moorish architecture and enviable beach location, continues to offer guests the same five-star elegance and splendour that has been enjoyed for more than 100 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Excelsior Venice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Excelsior Venice Lido Hotel
- Westin Venice
- Venice Westin
- Hotel Excelsior Venice Province Of Venice, Italy