I chose to travel to Venice in October and stay at the Excelsior with friend who also likes to splurge every now and than. It was just as quiet and wonderful like expected: after the deck chairs are removed and the noisy bars closed down along the beaches ot the Lido, the walk along the empty beaches in the soft autumn sun was just wonderful.
The hotel interior has seen better days in terms of interior styling: a somewhat carelessly furnished lobby and hall is not the grand welcome one expects at such a place. But the sweeping view of the sea is there to make up for the disappointment. The rooms are really spacious and well equipped. Mine had a terrace with a marvellous view of the sea; my friend was disappointed with her "Venice view" which was almost not visible (it's too far away). Breakfast both from the buffet in the hall and served in the room (to be enjoyed on the terrace) was excellent.
Venice itself was accessible quite easily. But one has to mind that the boat service provided by the Excelsior leaves only once per hour and the boat ride will take approx. 20 minutes. A nice thing to do while waiting for the missed boat in Venice... is to hang out in the Danieli lobby and bar - it's just accross the private jetty of the Excelsior and a perfectly nice place to enjoy a drink and snack.
WLAN (at extra cost) was difficult to master for the iPhone 4. As for the airport transportation: we wouldn't book it via the hotel anymore. A person with a name tag will wait for you at the exit of the airport and accompany you to an ordinary water taxi at the extra charge of EUR 70,00.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its unique beachfront location overlooking the sparkling Adriatic Sea, the five-star Hotel Excelsior Venice is uniquely positioned to offer guests a tranquil haven just 15-minutes from Venice on one of our courtesy boats. Located on the fashionable Venice Lido beach, Excelsior was built in 1908 and quickly became the ultimate destination for the world’s rich and famous. Today, Hotel Excelsior, with its unique Moorish architecture and enviable beach location, continues to offer guests the same five-star elegance and splendour that has been enjoyed for more than 100 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Splitty, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Excelsior Venice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Excelsior Venice Lido Hotel
- Westin Venice
- Venice Westin
- Hotel Excelsior Venice Province Of Venice, Italy