When you get there you can't help but be impressed by the building. The staff throughout were very friendly and helpful and there is a lovely front terrace where you can chill with a drink. The double room we had on the top floor though was pretty hideous. It was decorated in pale blue with circa 1950s (and not in a good way). Very shabby and with lino on the bedroom floor and a sheet and throw instead of a duvet. The pillows were like slices of pillow - very thin. The bathroom was in natural stone so didn't age as badly but the shower leaked and flooded the floor every time.
They did however have great sky tv which you could change and watch many channels in english eg sky 1, fox etc. Breakfast was ok but nothing special. The whole hotel also oddly was littered with bunches of dried flowers which were caked in dust and should all go in the bin.
It was very quiet generally although we could clearly hear the next room occupants talking (amongst other things).
Also they do have a spa but the thai massages were priced at about 95 euros each which we thought was too expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grande Albergo AUSONIA & HUGARIA is a historic residence in Venice with a one-of-a-kind atmosphere with a Thai SPA and wellness center. The hotel is just a few minutes from the dock where the "vaporetto", the local public water-bus transportation, leave every 10 minutes for Saint Mark's Square, the downtown of Venice. The suggestive boat trip is just 10 minutes long and takes you through the Saint Mark's basin.The hotel is a welcoming gem in Liberty style with period furniture, large frescoed halls, perfect for any type of event, a renowned restaurant and rooms with every comfort for a romantic and exclusive stay.Every year, many national and international stars select the Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria for their stay in Lido during the Mostra Internazionale d’Arte Cinematografica (the Venice Film Festival) to appreciate the beauty and charm of the timeless structure and the superior service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Albergo Ausonia And Hungaria Wellness & Spa On Venice Lido Hotel
- Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria Province Of Venice, Italy