We stayed here during the Venice Film Festival and we had such a good time! The hotel is conveniently located on the main road in Venice Lido, just a few minutes walk from the harbour and another 5 minutes from the beach, next to the shops, supermarket etc,,
The exterior part is really impressive, and the garden was well kept as well. Also the common parts, such as the bar or the rooms on the main floor were really nice.
Reception staff was awesome, really. We were given our keys and we were explained a couple of things: SPA was not included in the room rate and you had to pay 20 € to access it. I didn't, so I cannot share my opinion about that. We were given a room on the first floor on the back of the building. The room was nice, quite big, with king size double bed. There were some stains on the wall I think made from the previous guests; bathroom on the other side was simply immaculate with a modern shower in it. In the toiletries there wasn't the shave, nor they had it in the reception. With the window open you could clearly hear the annoying noise of the generator so if you need silence, definetely get a room on the front. Under our room there was the infamous room overlooking the generator which we thought was the "economy double room" given for 60 Euro.
Anyway, we enjoed a good sleep and checked the breakfast on the following morning served until 10.30. I read some mixed reviews, but I was satisfied with the choice and quality of the pruducts and I really liked the luminous breakfast room. I would change. the bread, that was not freshly made but congelated; the juice, because in a 4 stars is really depressing having the juice machine instead of the jars and finally the coffe machine for the same reason: I would expect a service at the table for that.
Checkout is conveniently set at 12.00. Summarizing, we had a very pleasant stay at this hotel, and we'll be surely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grande Albergo AUSONIA & HUGARIA is a historic residence in Venice with a one-of-a-kind atmosphere with a Thai SPA and wellness center. The hotel is just a few minutes from the dock where the "vaporetto", the local public water-bus transportation, leave every 10 minutes for Saint Mark's Square, the downtown of Venice. The suggestive boat trip is just 10 minutes long and takes you through the Saint Mark's basin.The hotel is a welcoming gem in Liberty style with period furniture, large frescoed halls, perfect for any type of event, a renowned restaurant and rooms with every comfort for a romantic and exclusive stay.Every year, many national and international stars select the Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria for their stay in Lido during the Mostra Internazionale d’Arte Cinematografica (the Venice Film Festival) to appreciate the beauty and charm of the timeless structure and the superior service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Albergo Ausonia And Hungaria Wellness & Spa On Venice Lido Hotel
- Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria Province Of Venice, Italy