Stayed June 2011 .The Hotel looks older than it is due to its very unusual architecture (I believe it is 100 yrs old or thereabouts).Located in the centre of Venice Lido with pax/ car ferry access from venice.No pooI (I did not see one..?.) but beach 10 min walk,venice passenger ferry 5 mins walk.
pros : Located in cental position for restaurants/shops/ferries.I found it quiet with little road noise.Small outdoor car park(maybe10-15 cars max) which we used. Very interesting looking building,quite friendly/helpful staff,reasonable rates (June),nice change from staying in Venice with all the hustle/bustle.Beaches good but busy (walk/drive to island tips for less crowds.).Restaurant(steakhouse) with alfresco dining.Wifi.Air conditioning worked well and was definitely needed.
cons : As others have mentioned the Photos look better than the actual building which is much smaller in reality.We had a room at the top of the building resembling an attic,well worn,very simple/basic but reasonably clean.Outside facing lift was seriously hot inside(needs air conditioning).Very pleasant outdoor patio which for some reason they don't like you taking your breakfast to??,didn't stop us using it mind you......
I would definitely stay again but pay extra for a better room ( if they have better ?) next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grande Albergo AUSONIA & HUGARIA is a historic residence in Venice with a one-of-a-kind atmosphere with a Thai SPA and wellness center. The hotel is just a few minutes from the dock where the "vaporetto", the local public water-bus transportation, leave every 10 minutes for Saint Mark's Square, the downtown of Venice. The suggestive boat trip is just 10 minutes long and takes you through the Saint Mark's basin.The hotel is a welcoming gem in Liberty style with period furniture, large frescoed halls, perfect for any type of event, a renowned restaurant and rooms with every comfort for a romantic and exclusive stay.Every year, many national and international stars select the Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria for their stay in Lido during the Mostra Internazionale d’Arte Cinematografica (the Venice Film Festival) to appreciate the beauty and charm of the timeless structure and the superior service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Albergo Ausonia And Hungaria Wellness & Spa On Venice Lido Hotel
- Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria Province Of Venice, Italy