“La Tavernetta, Lido, Venice”
Review of La Tavernetta

La Tavernetta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The meeting point between the island's people and the tourists, the contact point beetwen venetian and tuscan cuisine, the arrival point where you can find warmth and good wishes. This is the atmosphere of La Tavernetta, a small restaurant near the famous Hotel Excelsior and the Lido's Casinò Palace. An historical restaurant, frame of the first edition of Venice International Film Festival and of the later ones. Since 1996 Riccardo, tuscan chef member of F.I.C. (Federazione Italiana Cuochi) for several years, and Adriana, born in Venice who had worked like chef in many hotels and restaurants, have been the owners. Riccardo and Adriana have been able to coniugate passion and quality, teaching them to their son Ottavio, manager since 2009. With the arrival of Ottavio, a skillful and expert sommelier (best sommelier of italy), La Tavernetta becomes more renowned, combining the reputation of its superb
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I booked a table at this restaurant for my wife's birthday. We were welcomed by Otavio who had confirmed our booking by email. The decor is very nice, much better than your average pizza bar, and the menu more varied. We shared an anchovy starter which was very nice, for mains my wife had the scallop ravioli which was absolutely delicious. I tried being a bit adventurous by ordering a baby squid pasta dish, which had a delicate flavour which I found a little disapointing, but that is just my personal taste. We had a bottle of prosecco recommended by Otavio with our meal and this was perfect for our cellebration. Otavio had organised a tiramisu birthday cake to finish off and my wife was delighted with this. Service was slow but we liked this, we were in there for 3 hours in all and the time just flew past.
Overall we had a very memorable evening.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Ottavio V, Direttore at La Tavernetta, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Chris,
First of all I would like to thank you to decide to enjoy your wife 's birthday and
We are really happy to read that was a very memorable evening and that you enjoy our decor, service and food.
We are all expecting for you to came and visit us again

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Having read the great reviews on TA we were keen to try this place out. One word describes the food: terrible. The mixed seafood entree was very fishy and served luke-warm (adding to the intense fishiness). The 4 prawns in the main (1/2 of the dish) were not de-veined so tasted like a sandcastle might. Although the other beef fillet main looked perfectly medium rare it was extremely dehydrated and tough. The saving grace was the amazing waiter who offered his sincere apologies and even offered to waive the cost of our whole meal! We ended up paying for the entree and drinks only feeling appeased (hence the 3 star rating). Maybe just a substitute chef on the day or it was too busy to cook properly....

Dear Guest ,
I would like sincerely to thank you for your comment posted on trip advisor website.
I'm really sad to read that your experience at la tavernetta was bad, that you didn't like your courses,cause the same Dinner other guest ate the same dishes and was really satisfied.
When you say that the starter was really fishy i' m agree with you cause we talk about a fish starter and i think that is normal when you served fresh fish to smell the sea.
To end i can only be sorry for your unfourtunate experience and sincerely hope that you will give us a second chance to show our daily passion, make hosts happy.

I am looking forward to welcoming you

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews below we visited this restaurant on our last night in Lido and we're very impressed. The waiter was very friendly and explained where the produce and wine was from locally. My husband had steak and I had fish, then we shared the most delicious tirimisu! It was busy especially for a monday night. Only slight problem was that we werent told the card machine was out of action until after the meal, meaning one of us had to go out and find a cash point. Other than that would definitely recommend.

Ottavio V, Direttore at La Tavernetta, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Guest,
I'm really glad to read such a nice feedback about your experience at la tavernetta,
I'm so sorry for the drawback of credit card machine unfortunately was broken.
Hope to see you again one day

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I read the reviews before heading to La Tavernetta on the last night of our stay on Lido Island. This is a little gem of a restaurant. I had pasta with wild boar ragu and my wife had pumpkin ravioli with roast duck ragu. Both dishes were amazing and nicely presented. The only slight downfall was that there were bones left in the wild boar ragu. To top it all off a perfect chocolate fondant made to order with white chocolate ice cream. Well worth the walk down there and walked away extremely satisfied. The service was fantastic, extremely friendly and well informed. And not a pizza in sight. Looking at the other dishes on the menu the prawn and scallops dish looked well worth a try also.

Dear SGJ74,
many thanks for taking time to share your feedback about your recent experience at la Tavernetta.
We are glad to read that you apprecieted this experience, sorry if you find some bones of wildboar in your pasta, it's a traditional recepì from tuscany use the bones to give more taste.
We hope to see you again

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed at Stella hotel and they recommended this restaurant tucked away in residential neighborhood. Not tourist trap but place for the locals.

We ordered 4 pasts dishes (clam with black noodle, small octopus, scallop/shrimp ravioli and some kind of meat sauce - best deal for only 10 Euro with lots of meat) and they were very good. Only complaint is that portions were small.

Oh BTW - WORST meal in Lido was a snack bar right outside the water taxi ran by Chinese people. We ordered 3 pasta dishes and they came out 1 at a time with same sauce. Lesson learned is NEVER order Italian food from restaurant ran by Chinese...

Dear Guest ,
First of all we would like to thank you to visit us,
We are really happy to read your nice feedback about your experience at la tavernetta,
Hope to see you soon to prepare a biggest portion of pasta