“The best vacation EVER!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrison
Red Horse Mountain Ranch
GreenLeadersSilver level
“The best vacation EVER!”
Reviewed January 7, 2011

Ever since "City Slickers" came out I always wantEd to go on a dude ranch vacation. Last summer I was afforded that opportunity and found Red Horse Mountain Ranch right here on Trip Advisor. Everyone raved about the ranch, absolute glowing recommendations. Now it is my turn to rave about.

We (me, my daughter, and son) could not wait to go. You will get personalized attention, fabulous food, amazing staff, and the best horses. They have the worlds best bacon (the kids are still talking about it). If you want to do other things than just ride horses you can do archery, the rope course, mountain bikes, fishing and a ton of other stuff.
The cabins and lodge are beautifully appointed. The view from the main lodge is spectacular. The beds are so comfortable they're like sleeping on a cloud. The food is fantastic, from heavenly bacon to a lovely candle-lit dinner.
We had such an amazing time we are going back in 2011. Loved it. Even my 12 year old video game addict son had a ball from riding a horse the first time to archery to playing in the creek. He had so much fun he didn't even miss his computers. WOW!

• Stayed June 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Luton
Reviewed September 27, 2010

The ranch is in such a beautiful setting, clearly marked from the main road. The cabin was huge and with every comfort, and loads of interesting artifacts. The food was plentiful and really well prepared. I was quite worried about getting on a horse - after 43 years, but the horses and the saddles were carefully selected to match the rider's experience. The wranglers were all helpful and charming. I enjoyed the rides very much and the other activities. It was a great experience and if the chance comes to return - I will.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 12, 2010

I have travelled to several dude ranches and Red Horse Mountain Ranch was a delight. The wranglers are knowledgeable and nice. They don't leave the horses tied up on the line, which I really liked. The horses were healthy and nice. The beds and accommodations were perfect to come back to after a day of riding or hiking or kayaking. The Harrison area is beautiful with lake views and lots of beautiful trees. The food was filling although lacking a bit in fresh vegetables and pizzaz.. The trails were a little overlapping and redundant. But, there is also hiking, kayaking, boating and fishing available at this ranch. It was casual (no cell or Blackberry coverage), my cabin and bed were luxurious, and enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Idaho
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Our family went to Red Horse Mountain for 2 nights and 3 days. It was not near long enough. From the horseback riding, especially for our 4 year old daughter, to the adventure course, to the zip lines, the fun just never ended. The cabins are incredible. I wish our own cabin was that nice. The food, well let's just say I didn't wat to get on the scale when I got home. It was fantastic. The most impressive part of the trip was the staff. They were never intrusive, yet always available for anything you needed. You could also tell that they just loved being there. It wasn't a job for them, it was what they love to do. They all showed a sincere caring for making sure you had everything you wanted or needed, and made sure that you had a great time.
We also very much enjoyed the local music they had in the outdoor amphitheatre. What a way to cap a fun day.
I highly recommend Red Horse Mountain for anyone looking for a relaxing, yet fun filled vacation.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed July 13, 2010

My wife and I went to Red Horse Mountain Ranch for the 3 day stay on our 25th Anniversary trip and we have a big complaint, why didn’t they talk us into the 6 day stay. We had an absolute blast and that’s not the amazing part. The amazing part is our 17 year old Son loved it – and this kid has only ever liked one other trip we’ve taken him on. The cabin we had was fantastic with a great view of the valley and a hot tub just outside. The hot tub was clean and the water was fresh we loved soaking after riding. The ranch hands and horses are top notch and the Ranch owner Cory is right there every day making sure everything is perfect. I mentioned to him that we were going to spend a few days on Coeur D’Alene Lake and asked for fishing advice which he gladly supplied. Then on the day we checked out there was a bag for me at the desk with some of the lures he recommended. The horse rides were through some of the most beautiful country you can imagine. I have not been on a horse in 30 years and my Son has never rode but with these horses and ranch hands help you would have thought we had riding for years. We also had a hoot on the challenge course and the 3D archery range. The only problem we had was the food, it was so good I gained 7 pounds in 3 days and the Thursday night 7 course dinner was better than one I had in Las Vegas that cost $500.00 for two of us.
If you ever wanted to go to a dude ranch this is the place, period, end of story, but do the 6 day stay there’s too much to do to pack it all into 3 days.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrison
SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene
Best Western Plus Coeur D'Alene Inn
The Coeur d'Alene Resort
The Coeur d'Alene Resort
#5 of 22 in Coeur d'Alene

Been to Red Horse Mountain Ranch? Share your experiences!