“Terrific Time”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrison
Red Horse Mountain Ranch
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This was a great place! Excellent food, very comfortable accommodations, lots of activities, and friendly and helpful staff. The other guests were great fun. I have no doubt that we will be talking about this vacation for years. My entire family agress that this was the best vacation ever!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Red Horse Mountain Ranch

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This vacation was one of the best we have taken as a family. From the very beginning I experienced great customer service from the management staff. When we arrived we were processed and settled in our cabin fairly quickly. They provided a tour of the place and we were introduced to several families. The accomodations are clean, tidy and they even provide laundry service. The meals are wonderful, tasteful and delicious. They have snacks available at all times. The service is great. The bar was awesome. The kitchen staff are very professional and they are constantly cleaning up. My family enjoyed all the activities. My youngest daughter had a blast. My husband and older daughter enjoyed mount biking and advanced horse rides. I experienced many activities I never thought I would do or enjoy first hand. The ranch staff was patient with me when I had to be ponyed up the trails because my horse Bailey would not listen to me. Zip lining was an activity I never did and because one of the ranch staff was patient in getting me ready to yell "UNzip" , I was able to do this. Also they even have fitness activities and the evening entertainment is fabulous. Overrall this is a great family vacation which allows you to experience an authentic western dude ranch

Room Tip: The cabins on the left side seem to be more private.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Hard to figure out where to start. This trip was a bucket list trip for my husband, and we found this ranch at the recommendation of a friend who now has gone 3 years in a row. We are typically (or at least I am) relax by the pool type vacationers, so this was a completely different type of vacation. Horseback riding options at least once, sometimes twice a day. Lots of other activities available - skeet shooting, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, etc. Food was amazing - the chefs (David and Steve) and pastry chef (Lauren) outdid themselves with every meal. Something to do every night - live music, karoke, campfires. Accomodations were great...no tv in the rooms (yea!), no internet in the rooms (yea!), no cell signal at the ranch (YEA!)...Rooms feel like staying at your grandparent's farm - rustic but very nice. They do laundry twice during your stay as well! Need to thank Kay for introducing us to Huckleberry Lemonade...a RHMR must have drink (and thanks Greg for the bottle of Huckleberry vodka)! (Happy hour from 430-6 every day...). Really enjoyed the adult only week....and being completely unplugged. We're already planning our trip for next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I wish I were able to post a glowing review of Red Horse Mountain Ranch. Instead I experienced their inflexible and impersonal cancellation policy and substandard communication while holding a non-refundable $900 deposit.

• My reservation was confirmed for 25-31 August
• In late July I was hospitalized for a serious medical situation and was advised not to travel and remain close to medical facilities.
• On 29 July I contacted Red Horse Mountain Ranch to explain the situation. The Office Manager informed me that because I was within the 45-day window, the ranch would not refund my $900 deposit nor honor a date transfer unless they were able to fill my reservation. I was also told “this is what trip insurance is for.”
• The following week I received further diagnosis and was advised to begin treatment immediately. The Oncologist provided a letter stating that I was not authorized to travel due to my condition and ongoing treatment.
• I provided this letter to the Ranch Office Manager on 2 August 2013 and was told that she passed this information on to management and I would be contacted as soon as a final decision was made.
• I followed-up with the Office Manager on 23 August (three weeks later) when I hadn’t received any reply. Within 45 minutes I received a response from the Office Manager that management will not offer any refund or date transfer.

I understand and respect the need for a firm cancellation policy since the ranch can only accommodate a limited number of guests each week. Although, as a resort that prides itself on knowing the names and the needs of each guest visiting the property, I would expect a personalized experience when dealing with management on a reservation change/cancellation due to a serious and documented medical condition. I’m disappointed that a business which claims to place the utmost importance on the experiences of their guests would refuse the opportunity to have a personal conversation with me to discuss whether an agreeable compromise exists which mutually benefits the business and guest. Instead, my $900 non-refundable deposit barely even bought me the courtesy of their reply.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
10  Thank Lindsey J
Reviewed September 3, 2013

There are events in our lives that wake our spirit, warm our souls and leave us feeling content, relaxed and very happy. Our family’s recent trip to Red Horse Mountain Ranch, Harrison, Idaho affected all 5 members of the family similarly. Although there were two non horseback riders in the group they found activities of interest to them. My husband enjoyed biking, golfing and fishing. My 16 year old son enjoyed mountain biking, skeet shooting and long range rifle shooting. For myself and my two daughters (in their 20’s) we enjoyed twice a day riding. I rode to the top of the world on an all day ride having lunch on the mountain top looking clear into Montana.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

2010 was my first year to spend a week at RHMR. Girls Getaway with my daughter. This year my husband and I went! I was not disappointed. It was, once again, the best vacation ever! The staff, the guests, the horses, the activities, and the weather were all excellent. The setting is breath-taking (the view from the top of the ridge on the last day's scenic ride is awesome). It was great to see some of the staff is still there, and the new ones were a great addition. The meals are plentiful and the kitchen crew will accommodate special diets. The entertainment was varied and enjoyable. Oh, relaxing in the hot tub, or on the lodge porch, or wherever, is truly an experience--no cell phones! Looking forward to returning!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My sister talked me into going, and this place is wonderful. The staff is so friendly and helpful. The activities have great Varity and it is up to you what you do. The food is excellent. Biggest plus..no cell service, but they do have wireless at the lodge. This is really a week away from the stress of the world.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gregory M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrison
SpringHill Suites Coeur d'Alene
Coeur D'Alene Casino Resort Hotel
Lakeview Lodge
Lakeview Lodge
#2 of 6 in Harrison

Been to Red Horse Mountain Ranch? Share your experiences!