“Wonderful Family Vacation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrison
Red Horse Mountain Ranch
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My family of 5 just returned from a vacation to Red Horse Mountain Ranch. We had been planning this trip which included a visit to Yellowstone for about a year. I can't say enough good things about the staff at the ranch. It's really evident that they love their job. The horseback riding was great. My wife and I were content to only do scenic riding for the week but my daughter was intent on doing a more advanced ride. The wranglers worked diligently with her throughout the week until she was able to do the advanced rides and she was thrilled. One of my other daughters enjoyed the kids program and new friends she made so much that she cried when it was time for us to leave. It was great to meet the other guests adn get to know people from across the country. The food was plentiful and excellent. There were also numerous healthy choices which we appreciated very much. Our family of 5 had the bottom level of the Eagles Nest cabin which was 2 bedrooms. The room was very clean and well stocked. The beds were super comfortable. It seemed from talking to the guests that all the cabins were very comfortable, although the hilltop cabin was further away than the others.

The activities at the ranch were great. We tried to do as much as possible and enjoyed every activity. I practically had to pull my daughter off the challenge course. As you can tell, I thought this was a great vacation and would recommend it if you are looking for a great family trip that allows you to spend active time with your family and also alone with your spouse.

1  Thank Mark-PA215

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Finding Red Horse Mountain Ranch simply via Google had us asking, "how do we know who they are?" That being said, through continued research we found that RHMR was rated among the very top dude ranches in the US, and emails to the Ranch were immediately and effectively answered. Having never been to a dude ranch it was difficult to know what our expectations were. Whatever they might have been, Red Horse Mountain Ranch staff, offerings, and property FAR exceeded any we might have had. My 17 year old daughter and I arrived, were greeted and shown around by wonderfully welcoming staff, and settled in to completely comfortable cabin accommodations. As that first day and the following week unfolded, a near-perfect week came to be. Activities are family-friendly, with offerings appropriate to all levels of adventure and spirit; you can choose to be as busy and challenged or not as you want. The guest drives the experience. The physical property is gorgeous, the animals are so well cared for, the staff is ultra-accommodating and professional, the food is fabulous. What we hadn't expected is that this turned out to be truly the best vacation experience of our lives so far and we were sad to say good bye. I would very highly recommend Red Horse Mountain Ranch as a vacation destination! Deb Brunetti, Connecticut

2  Thank debbrunetti
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We are a family of four. Two adults, daughters age 16 and 13. All of us can't stop talking about what an amazing experience this was. The staff at Red Horse Mountain covered our every need whether requested or not. I stayed at the Ritz Orlando in Jan. for a work conference. Red Horse Mtn. staff gave me the same extraordinary treatment! We felt part of a larger family. The scenery is spectacular and very inviting. We were nervous about the horseback riding due to very little to no experience and the wranglers put us at ease and gave us the most relaxed horses that were very responsive. The meals were 5-star quality and we were never hungry from one meal to the next! The ropes course and mega-zip increased all of our confidence. We had so many laughs at the evening activities. We had experiences here we've had nowhere else! I cried to leave this magical place. I feel as though part of me will always be there.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

My wife and I came here and honestly I did not expect a whole lot . We traveled with my in Laws and our three daughters. AGES 13, 10 & 7. Let me start off by saying we have been VERY blessed in our travels over the years. We have been EVERYWHERE from Hawaii-to Europe, The Caribbean to California, Beach vacations and Mountain trips. This was the ONLY place that entertained an entire family. Amazing staff. Lots of things to do. My wife rode horsed, I mountain biked with a great guide (MATT) . Night time stuff was a blast. The kids were active and playing from the time the sun came up , until long after it went down. I hope you get a chance to enjoy this place. Maybe pricey for some , but the memories are lifetime for sure. If you do NOT have a good time here , than you are simply not a happy individual!

10  Thank Jim B
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Best vacation ever! We loved the location, the scenery, the accommodations, the staff, the food, the guests and every activity. The horses are amazing, fishing on Coeur D'Alene was great, and kayaking on the lake was relaxing. Loved the wildlife - bobcats, bears and moose. Can't believe how fast it flew by, and we can't wait to go back. Every family should have this experience.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We just got back from our 1st trip to Red Horse Mountain Dude Ranch. We had 15 of us ranging from ages 3 - 72! What fun was had by all! I have to admit I was not looking forward to the trip because we’re not big into horses and it is a bit pricy for our budget..but we went to celebrate my sister's birthday and we didn't want to miss out. Let me tell you that this place is GREAT! The location is serene. The activities are abundant. We did everything they offered....horseback riding, shooting, archery, challenge course, mega-zip line, kayaking, pottery, mountain bike riding, fishing, and more. The food is plentiful and delicious. The chefs are conscientious of people’s diets and allergies. Daily cocktail hour is a fun place to gather and chat after the day’s activities. They offer a kids program which is nice so the adults can have time to themselves or do the adult activities like long range shooting and/or enjoy the 5 course wine dinner offered once a week. Of course this is a dude ranch and the horses are the stars – the staff is great too! – but the horses are what makes this place special. Like I mentioned before I was not into horses prior to this trip but now I can’t wait to go riding again. The wranglers do a great job with the lessons, the all day rides, the scenic rides, the kid rides, as well as the advanced rides. The horses are chosen for the riders and you get the same horse all week. If you are lucky enough to get Tanto you will have a great ride! I can’t say enough about what a fun trip this was. I do hope to come back again one day.

2  Thank aelyn
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Just returned from our fourth trip to Red Horse Mountain Ranch. It just gets better every time. The staff works to make each trip unique and special. This year we branched out a bit and tried new activities in addition to horseback riding including mountain biking (so fun!) and the Mega-Zip line. My son loved the 3-D archery and my daughter had a blast at Pond Games. The last day at RHMR is always rough--we are so sad to go, but we look forward to next year!

Room Tip: We stayed in Star Garnet. Close to the lodge and to the campfire yet very quiet. It has two rooms--p...