“Super Steaks”

Dining options: Reservations
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States
“Super Steaks”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Some of the best beef I have had in a long time in a very contemporary, but comfortable space. Good children's menu as well. When my adult daughter wanted a very small meal, they allowed her to order a child's portion. Not many restaurants will do that!

Visited December 2013

“Great food and service”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I have dined at Seasons several times and have had great food and service each meal there. They have a great happy hour and love to watch games at the bar.

• Visited November 2013
Hailey, Idaho
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Looking forward to going back again”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I had the the rib-eye with mushrooms (very good), mashed sweet potatoes were super, warm fresh baked rolls were outstanding. Upgraded to the beet salad instead of a side (and was charged $6 more for that, a bit unexpected). Wine was very good and our server was very knowledgeable about each of the wines. My husband had the Port 'O Manhattan "winetail" that was so delicious. The raspberry sauce on our chocolate cake dessert was very yummy and I also really enjoyed the ginger ice cream. Next time I'm back I'll try the lobster mac and cheese. The staff is very attentive, warm and courteous, the owners are very friendly, and the ambiance is great - both cozy, romantic and elegant. It isn't the least expensive place in town, but the care given to the food and entire experience make it worth it. We had a really great "date" and part of that was the atmosphere that lets you relax, settle in and really visit. The specials they have during happy hour look very affordable so we'll be back for that too. I wouldn't hesitate to make Season's Steakhouse the place for a special evening out in Hailey.

• Visited November 2013
“AVOID THIS PLACE”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Living in the town where the restaurant is located, we were happy to see a new place open with a stated commitment to creative food-even with high prices. We dined at Seasons Steakhouse three times to give it a real chance- even took a friend this evening who like us understands and appreciates good food. In hindsight, it would entirely accurate to say that we inflicted it upon him.

Tonight: reservations for three at 7. Arrived shortly thereafter, and ordered. Two other tables seated in a 20-seat restaurant at 7pm on a Thursday. There is a photo shoot underway, apparently, the owner and wife being the subject of scores of shots. We are being bombarded by photo flashes from guy standing on a table 20’ away. We are in the photos as well. I actually walked over—a half hour into the meal—and ask them to please stop. They seemed offended.

At 7:40 and 7:57, respectively, we were informed that the entrees ordered were unavailable. Informed twenty minutes apart, with no one else in the place, after wine is ordered and opened to accompany the entrees. It got worse. The owner comes over and informs us it is because “we are in transition between seasons.” (So are we. And your point is what?)

My wife, being vegetarian/fish restricted and not being fond of sturgeon, is relegated to a dinner salad. “Would you like blue cheese crumbles?” asks the wait staff. “Sure.” They charged her (and me) for the blue cheese!

I had the sturgeon- 5 ounces described as 8 oz., decently cooked but heavily salted. My friend defaulted to lamb chops-both of us thwarted from lower priced entrees we actually wanted to entrees over $30. Starters were decent-I do like the lobster mac n cheese, even at $15. Wine was $35.

The service is marginal, the waitperson near tears over having to deliver the consistent bad news. The menu is really overpriced. The real problem is the owner/management: clueless, clumsy, utterly inept. The bill arrives: they offer nothing, comp nothing, they show the entrees ordered that they were out of as “credits” and charge $8 for a dinner salad. The bill was $160 w/o gratuity-and the table had two entrees.

On the way out, I said to the owner “enjoy your restaurant- while you can.” We won’t be back.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank salmo99
Hailey, ID
“A shame”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

A shame! Such a great atmosphere and the service is generally decent, but the one appetizer we tried was awful, and I will never be able to tell you about how entrees taste because the prices are just not justifiable... Even the beer is overpriced and served in fancy, tall 14oz. glasses. If you're gonna over-charge me for beer, at least give me a full pint! What a shame....

• Visited September 2013