“Skip this place”

Shorty's Diner
Ranked #6 of 47 Restaurants in Hailey
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Not good at all, overpriced and food is mediocre. I would skip going here

Reviewed July 11, 2011

This was exactly as advertised: a diner. Good, greasy food with excellent and friendly service.

Reviewed February 2, 2011

I have eaten here MULTIPLE times and the food is just fine. :) However, except for a select few, the waitresses are completely unexciting and downright rude! I don't need my servers to entertain me, however a smile and a little courtesy go a lllllong way!! There are a few servers that are completely wonderful, however the two older women who manage or own the place are rude, unhelpful and seem disconcerned with my service or even my business! I am a waitress myself and know that above all gracious service, a helpful attitude and a smile go a long way! This place is great for ambiance - but I hope those ladies realize you catch more flies (dollars) with honey than vinegar and their attitudes are nothing but vinegar! Smile! You serve the public - or get out the the SERVICE industry!!!

2  Thank calligirl3
Reviewed November 5, 2009

This restaurant serves breakfast (till 11:00 A.M.) and lunch in the atmosphere of a 1950s diner, with rock oldies in the background. The building is owned by Bruce Willis.

I had French toast (the friendly waitress assured me I could have it made with whole wheat bread), a fried egg, sausage patty, and tomato juice. Nothing unusual, but my order arrived quickly and every bite was delicious.

I couldn't have cooked it better myself, and would certainly return to Shorty's the next time I'm in town.

Reviewed November 1, 2007

Old fashion diner experience. Food is always good & plenty of it.