“Small, overpriced, and mediocre at best.”
Review of DA Vinci's

Ranked #14 of 48 Restaurants in Hailey
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Boise, Idaho
“Small, overpriced, and mediocre at best.”
Reviewed October 22, 2010

We're staying in Hailey and wanted a nice meal last night, but we were too tired to drive to Ketchum. I saw that daVinci's had chicken piccata on their menu, which I love, so that was our choice. The location is kind of cute, but very small and not really in a charming way. I felt a little to close to my fellow diners. Service was fast and adequate if not a little unfriendly.

The food, though, was not good. My husband had the special of the night, a veal dish, which was $20 of chewy, tough "veal" (I wondered if it was even veal) and pretty good pasta. My piccata was just awful. The chicken wasn't breaded, which is okay, but the sauce was not okay. Instead of a smooth, buttery sauce with some lemon, I think it was just straight lemon juice with a little butter. The capers were good, but how do you mess up capers? I ate it because I'm pregnant and starving, but even my husband agreed that it was a little hard to choke down. The pasta it came with was supposedly dressed with olive oil and garlic, but I found it pretty tasteless until I piled parmesan on top. The salad was ok, and I love crusty bread but you could have broken a tooth on theirs. It ripped up my gums a little.

We're no food snobs, but for $18 and $20 a plate we expected a better meal. I don't recommend this place and we won't be returning, either in Hailey or in Boise where we're visiting from.

2 Thank IdahoJen

Boise, Idaho
“OK Italian Food”
Reviewed August 26, 2010

There are a limited number of restaurant options in Hailey, especially if you want something more than glorified fast food or pizza. Da Vincis tries to position itself as a bit more high end and partially suceeds. If you are looking for fine traditional Italian cooking you won't find it here. But if you want basic Americanized Italian dishes in a comfortable atmosphere than you will like Da Vincis. Service is generally good. Many people opt for the outdoor dining which at least has a bit of a view. Pricing is what you would expect for a dining establishment in a resort town - a bit more than they should be.

idaho
“very nice meal.”
Reviewed March 9, 2010

we had a nice dinner at Da vincis. the food is good, but no bells and whistles. i think this is a great family restaurant, and seems to always deliver .

1 Thank charley48
Salt Lake City
“Right place to ring in the new year”
Reviewed January 2, 2008

Twice in the last three years our family of four has spent New Years Eve at Da Vinci's and loved it. We are skiers with teen boys that have big appetites. We all lean vegetarian. The bottomless salad is a great ice breaker because its shared from one bowl. The fresh clam linguini in sage was out of this world. I love Da Vincis laid back atmosphere and high class food. Just don't make it hard for me to get a reservation on 12/31 next year!

Been to DA Vinci's? Share your experiences!