“Chile relleno autentico!”

Description: 208-788-3066
Washington, DC
“Chile relleno autentico!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We pass through once a year to fish, hike and take photos. It is a small town but Hailey offers a mix of low, medium and high budget eats, often very good.

La Costa appears to be the new inhabitant of the Chapala space on Main Street in Hailey. Same warm welcome and overwhelming menu. Same great bean dip!

I am a big fan of the first impression. Chips salsa and bean dip arrive almost as soon as you sit, and your drinks soon after.

Tonight I wanted to choose lightly - and our waitress recommended the freshly made chile relleno - batter fried poblano stuffed w monterey jack plated on tomato sauce with a chopped lettuce and tomato salad. Crispy, melting, roasted pepperiness. My companion chose a combo plate of taco, tamale, and enchilada with rice and beans - also simple good food and we took home the extra bean dip.

We will come back!

• Visited October 2013

Hailey, Idaho
“yums”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

great food, customer service was great as well. Priced a little high but that's what happens when you live in a resort town.

Visited July 2012
Hailey, Idaho
“In search of a place for a rehearsal dinner”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

One day after my arrival in Hailey, I searched on line for a place our future daughter-in-law could take me to preview for a rehearsal dinner to be held in less than a week away. We drove by places that turned out to be closed on Sundays, and marked them as a possible choice. Then, as we passed by La Costa with an empty lot yet an OPEN sign, I remembered reading a raving review, but had not considered Mexican. We decided to check it out.
The floors couldn't have been cleaner, and the lovingly decorated walls mirrored the upbeat music. The service was as excellent as in its previous review, and we each ordered different salads; one with beef and one with stirred vegetable, and both were delicious. As a house treat, two light chips were served with a sweetened meringue with coconut flakes. Incredible !!
The ambiance, the service, and the food sealed the search. We'll let you know the results in a week :-). It is located at 502 N. Main St, in Hailey, Idaho :-)...They are open from 4 to 9:30 PM.

• Visited September 2012
Post Falls, Idaho
“A great Accidental Find”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My wife and I were starved for mexican food, and turned around when we saw this nice looking place. We were glad we did. The margarita's were perfect the service excellent, and the carnitas the best I've ever had.
The menu is huge and every thing is made fresh. give this place a try. You will be glad you didn't drive by.

• Visited June 2012