“Definitely not gluten free”
Review of McClain's Pizzeria & Spirits - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
McClain's Pizzeria & Spirits
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We went to the restaurant because of the gluten free experiences of others. All I can say is that they are choosing to be gluten free and not because they have to be!! My salad was delivered with croutons on it and when reminded that I was gluten free she looked at me and said "okay" took the salad and redelivered it without the croutons. I get to the bottom and there is a crouton! I asked the server if she had picked out the croutons and she said yes. I explained that is not workable and why. As far as the pizza goes we canceled the order because in watching the process they did not take any precautions to either put gloves on or wash their hands, and used the same sauce with the same ladle that they used for all of the other pizzas.
If you are not gluten free the food is very good! If you are stay away!

1  Thank Delynn C
There are newer reviews for McClain's Pizzeria & Spirits

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I'm surprised by the poor service comments. We stopped on a very busy NBA playoff night. Two guy were working and one woman behind the bar, and they were hustling. (We actually walked out of a restaurant down the road for lack of service.) We had time to drink our beer, but the glass didn't go empty. My husband raved how it was the best meatball sub he's ever had. The pizza was tasty, and the Cesaer salad had just the right touch of garlic. Not expensive either.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family & I are huge pizza lovers. So, naturally, we've tried every pizza joint in the Wood River Valley. McClains is definitely our favorite. Their crust is just the right thickness and the subtle hint of sweet honey in it sets it apart!
Definitely try the Roslyn. It.is.amazing.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Pizza sauce too sweet and there was too much on the pizza. Was a slow Sunday with only two other customers yet service was terrible. No refills on drinks or even checked on. Took 47 minutes to get food after we ordered.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

You have your choice of traditional or unique pizzas along with calzones or sandwiches. They also now serve liquor along with beer