“bike world with beer, wine and an amazing burger”

Power House Pub and Bike Shop
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Hailey
Cuisines: Bar, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Even if you don't care about cycling, this place is very cool--eclectic menu, great beverage selection, outdoor seating in summer. And if you like bikes, the shop room and decor will have your attention. i always heave a sigh of relief, pleasure, and anticipation when I walk in the door.

There are newer reviews for Power House Pub and Bike Shop

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Really like this place a lot, but they have to get their act together on service. One of my friends won't even go there anymore because of it. My experience is that they sometimes get slammed and don't have enough service staff, and are unable to call people in I guess. But if you are there on a regular night, the service is fine.

As other reviewers have already stated, the food is first class pub fare and the "feel" of the place is great.

Billy O, Owner at Power House Pub and Bike Shop, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Hi Aspenleaves,
Thanks for the review! Sorry for the hit or miss service. Every day is a chance to do better. We are always trying to refine our systems to improve service. It is never as easy as it should be. We are gearing up to make a few changes that should address the problem. Hope to see you again.
Cheers!
BillyO

Reviewed September 21, 2012

One of Haileys newest dining favorites; Powerhouse delivers. Don't let the casual menu and atmosphere fool you, this new entry in the biz is all about quality. Whether it's the salmon burger or the fries, you're going to be hard pressed to say you've had better. Perhaps the best beer selections in Idaho, maybe 50 plus quality choices, half of which only a beer snob would recognize? The cool bike motif is not just for show. The owner still runs his shop outback, which more than a few top racers rely on. Great outdoor dining with a bocci ball court.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I'd heard rave reviews about the burgers at Powerhouse and was glad to finally have a chance to give one a try. At $9.50 per burger, with no sides included, it's a fairly expensive sandwich. It was good but not worthy of the premium price. If chips of fries had been included in this price, it would have been easier to accept. A small order of French fries is $2.75 and it was a small portion. The total bill for two burgers, one small order of fries and one diet coke was $30.95. That was lunch for me and the teen daughter. If I'd ordered a beer or a glass of wine, the meal would have pushed $40. Imagine the tab if the hubby and a few additional kids were with me? The burger does come with a slice of tomato, onions and lettuce. I asked if the onion could be grilled and was told it could. $1 was added to our final tab for grilling the onion. When I questioned the additional charge for grilling the onion, the server did remove the charge, which was appreciated. It was a beautiful day, so we sat outside at communal picnic tables on the casual patio. The restaurant has a fun, youthful ambience and we loved the bike shop/eatery combo. There's a terrific selection of beers and it's a great place to stop for a cold one after a long bike ride. Powerhouse does offer gluten-free beer, so cheers to them for that nice touch. But this isn't a good place to eat if you're gluten free as a burger without the bun is about the only gluten-free food option.

Hi Takemewithu,
Thanks for the review. I am glad you made it to the powerhouse. I just wanted to let you know that we have added Gluten free buns. Unfortunately, they are a little expensive. Now almost everything on our menu is available in gluten free version. I am sorry that you dont see the value in our products. Everything in our kitchen is made from scratch, from the hand patted hamburgers with homemade ketchup to the fresh dipped corndog smothered in Kobe beef chili. We strive to offer the best food made from organic and locally sourced ingredients whenever possible. These ingredients are expensive! Sadly we must pass these costs along to you the consumer. Lastly, I think that there may be some confusion regarding your bill. I just rang up 2 burgers a small fry and a diet coke. The bill was $25.95 including tax. I doubt you still have your reciept but stop by the next time your in town and we will make it right. Thanks again for your review
Cheers!
BillyO

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Great Kobe beef burger, all the toppings, great hand crafted beer selections, intimate atmosphere, fun and lively. You are friend as you enter the door. Can't wat to go back!