“Cigarette Smoker's Paradise at the Restaurant & Bar”
Review of Black Sands Resort

Black Sands Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grand View
Black Sands Resort
Planet Earth, New York
“Cigarette Smoker's Paradise at the Restaurant & Bar”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

If you smoke and like tasteless poor quality food and uber slow service that barely exists... then this is the place for you!

The entire place smells of cigarette smoke, the service is horrible. Apparently only overweight people get generous portions. Three of us ordered the exact same meal, two received heaping piles of steak fingers (supposedly had steak that is breaded... but was flavorless and mystery meat.. heck the breading had no flavor but of the dirty grease they deep fried them in) and the skinny gal received about 12 fingers. Not that she needed or wanted more after the first bite... but the price was the same for hers as it was for the other two!

The Bacon Cheeseburger that was ordered was very very greasy. The gentleman who ate that said it tasted as if they added grease from a dirty grill.

The buffalo style chicken wings were mediocre and greasy at best.

It wasn't just about the poor quality of food, it was also the lack of service. The waitress was never around, the cook (a high school kid) actually carried out our meals to us, then the creepy smoggy old dude from the bar buzzed through and gave us something, then left forever. We had to get up and get our own napkins and find flatware.

I swear the food was poorer quality than McDonald's and lacked flavor... period.

The cigarette smoke made the dining experience impossible. Even the restrooms reeked of smoke... which you had to walk through the smoggy bar to get to the restrooms... oh and there were ash trays in the restrooms. That being said, the bathrooms were clean.

Room Tip: I didn't stay at the resort, we went there to eat. There is outside dining... but mind you, thi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Oh_that_Traveler

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Nampa, Idaho
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My family and I had reserved a site for 5 tents they said they could accomadate our party. So we got there to find the site they had reserved for us wasn't going to work! So I entered the bar and asked who I needed to talk to about getting another site if possible the lady I spoke with told me I HAD to wait and she would get back with me. As she waited on everyone else including others who walked in after me obviously she knew the people cause they were locals . About 15 min of me standing there the bartender finally approached me and rudly asked what I needed now.I asked for another site and she told me yes to the one next to ours and it was 18 or 19 dollars. I gave her a 20 dollar bill and she preceeded to tell me I would have to wait for my change. I told her keep the change and walked out. Now as we started putting up our tents the sited givin to us felt like we were in a white trash trailer park lol. Later that night we started a fire and was hanging out all having a good time. The camp host showed up tellng us we had to move cause we were invading the next site which happened to be his friends. I asked what this site doesnt have a fire pit and he proceeded to bold face lie to a paying customer that no it didnt. And then came back saying he had no recored of us paying and basically calling us liars. I told him talk to his employee cause i paid and had to wait. This place is not worth the 18 dollars a night!!!! There is just down the road 2 camps that only charge 5 dollars a night and I feel has better camping experiance and water access! Believe what they say RUN FAST !!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
27 Thank cmanedwards

Been to Black Sands Resort? Share your experiences!