“Do not buy the wine unless you like the taste of vinegar!”
Review of Carmela Winery Restaurant - CLOSED

Carmela Winery Restaurant
Cuisines: Healthy, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Crossings Winery is one of Idaho's best kept secrets. Thirty Acres of Vineyard surround the Winery on a slope overlooking the beautiful Snake River. Owned and operated by the Jones Family, it is gaining recognition as a producer of fine wines. Currently Crossings Winery holds Double Gold, Gold, and Silver Medals from wine competitions throughout the country. Our wines can be found in fine restaurants and local wine shops throughout Idaho, and at farmers markets in the summer. Our tasting room in Glenns Ferry is open daily.
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I have enjoyed eating at the restaraunt and sampling wine a few times. However, the last two times I have bought their Old Vine Sweet wine it has been rancid. Both bottles had turned and at best could be described as vinager at worst rotting grapes. Save your money for a winery that takes the time to ensure a quality product!

1  Thank S85467smith

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Had lunch here after wine tour and wine tasteing. Very small winery. Tour guide was fun. I had a cobb salad. It was fresh and tasty. I took a piece of pie to go and it was still frozen? I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there.

2  Thank IdahoCookie
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stopped here just to look around and do some wine tasting and stayed for dinner. The service and food were outstanding and the Old Vine Sweet wine the best - even though I don't usually like anything but a dry wine. Don't miss this spot if you're passing this way.

Reviewed September 27, 2011

I am from out of town and we had a girls day! Well we were'nt upset to pay $40.00 for a pedicure until she came out with an aluminum mixing bowl to soak our feet in and she didnt scrub our feet or massage. I am not even sure I would pay $10 for this kind of pedicure! Also the lady serving the wine tasting knew nothing about the wines!!

Reviewed January 14, 2010

Four nights in Mountain Home make you wonder what else is around the area. We heard good things from locals about the Carmela Winery. We weren't disappointed. While the menu had a limited selection, everyone was pleased with what they ordered. We sat in the bar to watch basketball and they even turned the channel to let us what the game we wanted to see. Their wine was good. The wait staff were nice and there to take care of us. Finding the restuarant at night is a bit challeging. It's south of Main Street west of the water tower. The view during the day is probably great since it sits above the Snake River.