“Don't Even Think About It!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Broken Arrow Resort

The Broken Arrow Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gibbonsville
The Broken Arrow Resort
Boise, Idaho
“Don't Even Think About It!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

We made a reservation with Josephine's Pizza & RV Park for the "Bunk-House"-we did this by referral. We lost our note-and we lost the contact name and phone number for the Park-we went online to try and find the name and phone number for a place near Gibbonsvile or North Fork Idaho. We called several places and this Broken Arrow resort called us back and said the bunkhouse was no longer available and said they would switch our reservation to a cabin which was much better---better for them but the worst accommodations I have ever stayed in. My hunting cabin in Kilgore Idaho even beat this place and it is so rustic that I would not even think about asking my wife to stay there.

So we arrived in the dark expecting what was shown on the internet-pictures were not even close to what is offered-pond has no fish-no beach area-not suitable for swimming. The men's rest-room was flooded three days out-of 4-the shower area was not maintained-no new towels were provided-I used the same towel 4 days. The women's rest room/shower area was poorly maintained-wet shower mats-no new towels for 3 days.

The cabin was quaint/old fashioned on the outside but the inside was a whole different story-untidy-dirty-uncomfortable beds-the bedding was never changed; the soiled bedding from a grand-child accident was hung on the chair out-side in the front of our cabin for 3 days-when we left it was still there. There was also dog-do-do in the from grassy area of our cabin.....this proprietor should be ashamed to offer this type of accommodation-she didn't even offer me any discount for the terrible conditions or the poor service. She did say she would not charge us for the tent we put up for one night but could not be used because it rained the 4 days we were there.

This proprietor lied to us from the start-about changing our reservation-we never had a reservation-and due to my lost information and not getting a hold of our reference we experienced the stay that was less that except-able by the lowest standard of motel guidelines.

On the last evening of our vacation we went to a Pizza Restaurant-Come to find out this was where our original reservation was-we had a great meal and talked with the proprietor and they indicated they were the only RV Park that offers a "Bunk House" accommodation-to top this off they indicated that all of the RV/Cabin owners know this-we should have been referred back to them by The Broken Arrow----we further were forgiven for not showing up to our reservation at Josephine's RV Park. We looked at the accommodations offered by Josephine's RV Park and were very sorry we messed up. I would refer this resort over anything we saw-the place is very tidy and the food is excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Randy T

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Hamilton Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

We've been told many times we should stop there for dinner on our way through Gibbonsville. We finally got the chance one day in October. We were asked if we had reservations, which we didn't, but they were able to seat the two of us. The meal was similar to many we've had in Mexican restaurants in Montana and Idaho, but not memorable. The salsa that came with the chips was GREAT. My enchiladas were somewhat over-salted, with more cheese than is needed. The meat and green sauce were good. One unusual thing was the servings of rice and beans. I don't require a lot, but a couple of tablespoons of rice and of beans seemed a little skimpy. Perhaps they were running low that day The service was friendly and timely, and it's an interesting old building. We'll possibly stop there again if we're in Gibbonsville at dinnertime, but I won't count on it as a destination.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

I only wish I could go more often. The ride to get there is beautiful and relaxing and the hospitality you are greeted with makes the distance worth your while.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank athomas1233
Stockton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

My Husband and I were passing through on our way to Montana last Fall, we came across the broken arrow during the Blue Grass Festival. Decided to stop and see what it was all about. We immediately fell in love with the warm atmosphere. The owner Rosemarie was down to earth and very accomodating. It is a very family oriented surrounding and the food was fabulous! The Chimichanga could easily feed both me and my Husband. I read a previous review which was not a good one and Im wondering if that person was at the same place? I cant imagine any of what she mentioned, actually happening. We stayed in cabin 5 and it was very comfortable. We will definetely come back!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2008

IAmNotTheOne writes:
May 19, 2008
A Cabin In The Woods. Sounds romantic, huh? Read on....
I was making a trip to Salmon, Idaho and at someone's suggestion I was told about some very old cabins in Gibbonsville about 30 or so miles from Salmon. I actually found the site on the internet. It stated their season was from May through November so I contacted The Broken Arrow and spoke w/a 'Jill'. As they could not open on May 1st because of an extended winter they moved it up to May 10th. As I was going to be traveling from Salmon back up to the airport in Missoula, MT. to pick up my husband late on the 8th she asked if I would like to maybe stay on the 9th. She said she would have to okay it with her mother-in-law, Rose Marie, before it could be confirmed. As Rose Marie was traveling from Utah at the time she told me it would be a couple of days before she called me. I again informed her I was flying out from my home state on the 28th of April so that would give her around 4-5 days to let me know. I did not get a confirmation call so on the 9th stopped by with my husband to see if they could accommodate us and if not, we would drive on to our intended stop in Salmon. We were told to go on in, that Rose Marie was napping and would come to talk to us. I told my husband that if she didn't come soon we would have to find a place to eat. We had to ask for a key, tried to get her to tell us if we were able to stay but again she said we would have to talk to the owner. I did not know if we should just leave the money pinned to the door, stay, go, it was just very unprofessional. We looked inside: no blinds or shades, only pink shears on the windows and a lace curtain in front of the toilet. The lamp was broken, the one outlet was very loose and the little refrigerator was not plugged in and smelled. The mattress leaned to one side and we saw a few native bugs crawling across the carpet. At that we decided to just pay them for the night and move on. When we made our intentions known, miraculously Rose Marie was no longer napping. We were yelled at before she got out the door. Neither my husband or I could speak. She demanded our credit card and got even more angry when we told her it was cash or check but not our credit card. She told us it was "people like us that are in court all the time and to go back where we came from." There was absolutely no talking with her and she snatched the money from my husband's hand. At that we left with her and her daughter-in-law still yelling. There is a lot more to the story but you will have to go to my page for the rest! : (

5 Thank IAmNotTheOne

Been to The Broken Arrow Resort? Share your experiences!